PDA

View Full Version : Not sure WHAT Konica Minolta was thinking with the new belt kit packaging!!

Custom Search

srvctec
06-23-2021, 06:19 PM
Had a call for belt needing replaced on a C224e this morning. Grabbed one of our 3 in stock belt kits (with the IR, o-filter and toner filter inside) and proceeded to the call. I noticed that when I picked up the belt, it seemed a LOT lighter, making me think maybe it was for a BW machine instead but it was the correct belt.

This is what I saw when I opened it. They completely changed the packing and removed the cardboard that entirely encased the belt and protected the belt surface from damage. So then the people that open these up and put in the parts (the original tape on the box is cut and new tape is put over it) to make the kit (thinking that's only for here in the US), they throw in the IR with sharp corners on the box and it severely dents the surface of the belt. 2 of our 3 belts were damaged.

Anyone else seen this yet?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210623/184ebf3326511adb2638c47ade8493a6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210623/af5a4984658f1047981de4046326c2d4.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210623/c098b7c5e734d9322011d98c0ae27b93.jpg

tech51
06-23-2021, 07:02 PM
Uk belts haven’t had filters or transfer roller in with them for years now always carry them separately.

Are you sure they were supposed to be there?

Pretty sure km wouldn’t just throw them in there so I don’t know who at your end is doing this but you need to stop them!

emujo2
06-23-2021, 07:32 PM
Kits with the filters are able to be ordered by KM Direct, only dealers. Any chance someone has just tried to return one of these that was used for troubleshooting? It looks used, not just shipping damage. Anything to save a buck,,,I can't tell you how many "good to re use green label parts" i find that are bad. E

copier tech
06-23-2021, 09:17 PM
Had a call for belt needing replaced on a C224e this morning. Grabbed one of our 3 in stock belt kits (with the IR, o-filter and toner filter inside) and proceeded to the call. I noticed that when I picked up the belt, it seemed a LOT lighter, making me think maybe it was for a BW machine instead but it was the correct belt.

This is what I saw when I opened it. They completely changed the packing and removed the cardboard that entirely encased the belt and protected the belt surface from damage. So then the people that open these up and put in the parts (the original tape on the box is cut and new tape is put over it) to make the kit (thinking that's only for here in the US), they throw in the IR with sharp corners on the box and it severely dents the surface of the belt. 2 of our 3 belts were damaged.

Anyone else seen this yet?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210623/184ebf3326511adb2638c47ade8493a6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210623/af5a4984658f1047981de4046326c2d4.jpg

This was done a while ago to save on wasted packaging & save on storage.

It's never an issue unless, as your colleagues did, put other items in the same box.

srvctec
06-23-2021, 10:32 PM
Uk belts haven’t had filters or transfer roller in with them for years now always carry them separately.

Are you sure they were supposed to be there?

Pretty sure km wouldn’t just throw them in there so I don’t know who at your end is doing this but you need to stop them!

Yes, they come this way since we're a dealer and order them that way.

Kits with the filters are able to be ordered by KM Direct, only dealers. Any chance someone has just tried to return one of these that was used for troubleshooting? It looks used, not just shipping damage. Anything to save a buck,,,I can't tell you how many "good to re use green label parts" i find that are bad. E

All 3 belt kits were packaged exactly the same, WITHOUT cardboard around the belt like it used to be. I suspect it's to save on packaging as mentioned below.

This was done a while ago to save on wasted packaging & save on storage.

It's never an issue unless, as your colleagues did, put other items in the same box.

It's not any of my colleagues, it's coming from Konica Minolta this way. Like I said in the OP, the belts have original tape on the external box, cut to be opened for someone to stuff the parts inside for the kits, then re-taped back up and sent out. Not sure who does this or where in the supply chain, but it was not a problem at all UNTIL they removed the cardboard completely protecting the belt. I suspect whoever is putting in the parts has no clue how fragile the belt surface is and just tosses the parts in as fast as possible.

I just edited the OP and added the photo of the new packaging as it looks when the box is opened- forgot it in the original post. (Should make a little more sense now).

blackcat4866
06-24-2021, 12:42 AM
Ingenius! =^..^=

REGSIS
06-24-2021, 06:15 AM
Someone very smart re-package separate items into kits and made ITBs unusable.
In EU these items are sold searately for 2-3 years.
Since you found tape over tape those are "afterbuilt kits".

inutelkamo
06-24-2021, 07:11 AM
Bright Kids..
Now belt became useless.
Ship back please.

Custom Search