PDA

View Full Version : C450i eat toner

Custom Search

jwai
06-26-2021, 02:08 AM
now i have one C450i consumed toner abnormally.
one new Y toner only used approx 3 days and less than 10k copies.
the waste toner bottle are filled with Y toner.

I checked that a thin coating on the surface of Y drum, the TCR ratios are all 6.XX%.
The ATVC of C M are 20, K is 22, Y is 16.

Synaux
06-26-2021, 03:58 AM
Meter on Y IU?

allan
06-26-2021, 07:53 AM
25K @ 5% coverage.
12.5K @ 10%
7.25K @ 20%

Could be that they are printing heavy coverage yellow?

Check coverage history.
Reset coverage counter...

jwai
06-26-2021, 03:40 PM
Meter on Y IU?

the color counter is 120K something and 25K on black.

jwai
06-26-2021, 03:43 PM
25K @ 5% coverage.
12.5K @ 10%
7.25K @ 20%

Could be that they are printing heavy coverage yellow?

Check coverage history.
Reset coverage counter...

They mainly print some office document such as word, excel, autocad.
the color ratio on printout is quite low.

allan
06-26-2021, 04:06 PM
They mainly print some office document such as word, excel, autocad.
the color ratio on printout is quite low.

Ask them if what they printed over that time. Could have pushed some kind of flyer or marketing document.
Check coverage report anyway

Print a Y half tone @50/255 on a healthy machine and compare it. If its dark then it could be low main charge or even developer.

If i cant see anything else wrong i would try and increase the value of the yellow background adjustment to +3 and TCR on Y to -1/-2.
That would push more charge and decrease toner concentration. Then wait for the call to return or not, or next toner delivery.

When it comes to aftermarket toner yellow is the worst!

Reset the values when replacing the Y drum/dev.

jwai
06-27-2021, 05:53 AM
Ask them if what they printed over that time. Could have pushed some kind of flyer or marketing document.

Print a Y half tone @50/255 on a healthy machine and compare it. If its dark then it could be low main charge or even developer.

If i cant see anything else wrong i would try and increase the value of the yellow background adjustment to +3 and TCR on Y to -1/-2.
That would push more charge and decrease toner concentration. Then wait for the call to return or not, or next toner delivery.

Print head, would be the cause I guess?

allan
06-27-2021, 06:29 AM
Print head, would be the cause I guess?

No that would be a visible defect. I'm out.

jwai
06-27-2021, 04:26 PM

Nowadays I can't print half tone test print from defective machine.
The machine shows add toner Y and stop color print, I installed a new Y toner and remain has this warning screen after 5 minutes of auto toner replenishing.

allan
06-27-2021, 05:56 PM
Nowadays I can't print half tone test print from defective machine.
The machine shows add toner Y and stop color print, I installed a new Y toner and remain has this warning screen after 5 minutes of auto toner replenishing.

Change the drum unit... from Y to C or M to test if problem stays on Y or moves. Or just change it. Are you using original toner?

jwai
06-28-2021, 04:40 PM
Change the drum unit... from Y to C or M to test if problem stays on Y or moves. Or just change it. Are you using original toner?

i changed them for test , same result. i used genuine toner.
this day i poured a bit toner and got auto replenishing with blocked the ph window, after the tcr raised to 6.8%, i check the drum it got clean.
however the tcr of c and m dropped to 0.0x%, took the manual add toner the ratio raised to 5.x%.
got a bird test print the background have a slightly pink, checked the transfer belt there had a m toner coating, and the machine showed p5 p6 p8.

tsbservice
06-28-2021, 06:08 PM
Check back of machine for blocked/clogged with toner air ports. Don't remember if this C450i has toner filter at the back of machine check it could be full of toner also.

jwai
06-29-2021, 10:26 AM
Check back of machine for blocked/clogged with toner air ports. Don't remember if this C450i has toner filter at the back of machine check it could be full of toner also.

yes, i had cleaned this filter, dirt with Y toner.
after cleaning the Y section seems better, just hard to understand why both C and M developing section have problems after the Y toner replenishing.

Gift
06-29-2021, 02:50 PM
Had a similar issue because of a faulty hv board - even the developer was drained in that case.
On out first attempt we just swaspped the dev unit but the issue re-occured and then we
swapped both the dev unit and hv-board.

I think it was on the 8 series but also a brand new unit.

jwai
06-29-2021, 04:29 PM
Had a similar issue because of a faulty hv board - even the developer was drained in that case.
On out first attempt we just swaspped the dev unit but the issue re-occured and then we
swapped both the dev unit and hv-board.

I think it was on the 8 series but also a brand new unit.

For me it's the first time I visited on console machine.
The Y toner got empty only 3 days and a bit thousand text and lines printout.

thanakon1995
09-29-2021, 06:47 AM
I found the C450i Toner(K) running out faster than usual.
I tested the Drum(K) DV(K), any advice for me?
I tested the upgraded F/W to AA2J0Y0-F000-G00-J9.
I have found an abnormal TCR(K) value, is there anything else I need to check?
please help me at

Haaland
10-04-2021, 07:42 AM
I had a similar problem with a C250i, tried drum, dev, HV-board, and last try was "print head skew adj." from service-mode.
I planed to replace the laser but the adjustment seems to have fixed it.
If its the same problem as this machine, check if machine is doing color stabilization way to often from the management list, mine had more stabilizations then TC, while our demo-machine had 24 when the TC was about 500.

tsbservice
10-04-2021, 07:53 AM
I had a similar problem with a C250i, tried drum, dev, HV-board, and last try was "print head skew adj." from service-mode.
I planed to replace the laser but the adjustment seems to have fixed it.
If its the same problem as this machine, check if machine is doing color stabilization way to often from the management list, mine had more stabilizations then TC, while our demo-machine had 24 when the TC was about 500.
Check out temp/humidity sensor readings.

Custom Search