PDA

View Full Version : koinca minolta bizhub 558e doc feeder jam

Custom Search

brent
06-27-2021, 08:40 PM
so customer states the machine is jamming in scanning mode.. sure enough so I replace all feed tires (not the sep) it seems the feeder feeds way faster then in a scan to copy mode. anyways the paper wants to jam sometimes whenthe sheet is about 2 inches out of the exit roller section random sometimes nothing..
so I got thinking.. the room is right around 85 degrees hot as hell paper felt a little wet.. I couldnt think of anything else to tell the customer then to turn the air conditioning on.. she thought i was craxy but the paper was wet.. anyone else run into this? customer was supposed to get back with me but never did just trying to figure out if anyone else has fought this.. I could bring some of my own paper.. or swap doc feeder as well cleaning all the rollers heped as well as replacing the consumable rollers thank you all

brent

blackcat4866
06-27-2021, 08:53 PM
A jam code would be helpful.

And yes, the document feeder slows down to print speed when copying, but can scan at full speed when just scanning. So yes, any original misfeeds are more likely when scanning ... over copying. =^..^=

Synaux
06-27-2021, 10:11 PM
Is it jamming on the first/single sheet or only on multiple originals?

Not on this model, but I have cleared some headscratchers by simply running the thickest paper the ADF will tolerate.

If the humidity is that bad there are probably jams on the printing paper path too. I would bring my own paper and prove to the customer that unless she wants to go to a offset printing press with air feed, etc she must create a suitable environment for this or any MFP.

You could also try running the humid originals through the MFP to dry em out to prove it ;)

tsbservice
06-28-2021, 12:11 AM
Why not replace whole set of rollers? Separation roller came along with its torque limiter integrated usually. And Yes jam code could come handy.

brent
06-29-2021, 04:59 PM
did not replace the sep roller as I didnt' have one.. we will see how this pans out.. I feel it was too hot in the room as I was personally in
the room and it was wet and sticky.. we will see lol

thanks brent

tsbservice
06-29-2021, 08:47 PM
did not replace the sep roller as I didnt' have one.. we will see how this pans out.. I feel it was too hot in the room as I was personally in
the room and it was wet and sticky.. we will see lol

thanks brent

Yes good tech has some guts feeling. However machines have also temperature/humidity sensors incorporated plus jam code history 😉

Custom Search