PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Marketplace with a c458

Custom Search

adecanmin
06-28-2021, 04:38 PM
Gentlemen
I don't know a darn thing about it. I have a customer that wants to scan to google drive from the copier. What I've gleaned so far is go to the marketplace have the customer purchase the app for $99.00 Some kind of token is issued. Once marketplace in enabled on the copier is the app installed from the copier panel or through the computer using the MarketPlace installer? Is this app worth $99.00? Are there any alternatives?

progoffice
06-28-2021, 05:44 PM
Once Marketplace is installed, you download and install the apps from the copier panel. You can usually run a trial version of the app to see if it's worth the money. As an alternative, you can install Google Drive's Backup and Sync software to your customer's computer and simply set up a SMB scan folder within the primary sync folder and the file will automatically upload to his/hers Google Drive account.

adecanmin
06-28-2021, 06:52 PM
Once Marketplace is installed, you download and install the apps from the copier panel. You can usually run a trial version of the app to see if it's worth the money. As an alternative, you can install Google Drive's Backup and Sync software to your customer's computer and simply set up a SMB scan folder within the primary sync folder and the file will automatically upload to his/hers Google Drive account.
thanks

Rewind!
06-28-2021, 07:50 PM
thanks

This is way more efficient than using the market place app. Theres a big difference in process speed (Start scan to finish) as theres less buttons straight to SMB and just having drive sync.

JC

copier tech
06-28-2021, 08:06 PM
Gentlemen
I don't know a darn thing about it. I have a customer that wants to scan to google drive from the copier. What I've gleaned so far is go to the marketplace have the customer purchase the app for $99.00 Some kind of token is issued. Once marketplace in enabled on the copier is the app installed from the copier panel or through the computer using the MarketPlace installer? Is this app worth $99.00? Are there any alternatives?

A much easier & cheaper way is to install Google drive on the clients PC then simply sent up SMB to scan to the google drive folder it will then sync with the cloud & upload the scanned files.

adecanmin
06-28-2021, 08:14 PM
I'm starting to see that. I would like to get the demo working for my own knowledge. There is one stumbling block. The demo is installed in marketplace. I have to log into google from the copier. It says could not sign you in. This browser or app may not be secure. Do I have to create a self signed certificate?

Custom Search