PDA

View Full Version : toner bottle chip

Custom Search

jwai
06-29-2021, 10:12 AM
dear all,

sometimes the toner bottle chip has problem, the toner near empty message still stay and color bar doesn't reset to full.
there have any solution to fix it on machine other than replace another new toner or change the chip?

allan
06-29-2021, 10:40 AM
Search CTN there are SW settings for that.

tsbservice
06-29-2021, 12:09 PM
It depends on model. 7,8, i series have it.

jwai
06-29-2021, 01:00 PM
Search CTN there are SW settings for that.

soft switch have? let's check it~

jwai
06-29-2021, 01:59 PM
It depends on model. 7,8, i series have it.

Thank you for your prompt, I found on 7 and i series.
I can't find them on 8 series S/M, they are same as 7 series?

Gift
06-29-2021, 02:45 PM
I think it's better if the chip detection is off because the customers usually call in the issue and if you have many service contracts including toner you have at least a chance to explain to the customer that they have to wait until the actual toner-end condition pops up. Otherwise up to 20% of the toner is thrown out of the window. Ignoring this is like draining all remaining gas from your car before filling it up, most customers get this analogy

jwai
06-29-2021, 04:19 PM
I consider that design on 4e series is better.

jwai
06-29-2021, 04:22 PM
I think it's better if the chip detection is off because the customers usually call in the issue and if you have many service contracts including toner you have at least a chance to explain to the customer that they have to wait until the actual toner-end condition pops up. Otherwise up to 20% of the toner is thrown out of the window. Ignoring this is like draining all remaining gas from your car before filling it up, most customers get this analogy

usually customer changed another new toner to fix it, the original one would be placed as spare.

tsbservice
06-29-2021, 05:30 PM
I consider that design on 4e series is better.

No. Without chip things are worse.

Custom Search