PDA

View Full Version : c308 error code E4-2, no black color.

Custom Search

Sanker
07-01-2021, 01:32 PM
A client called couple days ago and said that printed documents have black background stripes (see attached picture 1). Need to mention that night before the call there was a storm with lightnings. Also this client uses not OEM toners but we didn't had any problems yet with that kind of toner on these bizhub model.
First thing i did is replacing Black IU because it was in a bad condition. After i replaced that, things went worse (see attached picture 2).
Then i did self diagnosis and it showed "E4-2 error" which means according to service manual bad DIMM or MFPB. Also codes P-5, P-9, P-21. I couldn't believe that, because we had similar problems in older bizhubs and usually there were bad solenoids/clutches, HV boards, DEV units and so on. Things i've already replaced:
1) Black IU
2) Black DU
3) HV Board
4) Solenoid behind HV Board
5) Transfer belt (after i did that, black color almost vanished, see picture 3 and 4)
5) DCPU board
6) FRB board

Looking for an advice before ordering an expensive MFPB, maybe somebody already had that problem and could share the solution. I will be grateful for any suggestions.

Similar threads i've checked but there is no solution mentioned:
- bizhub C454e no black color (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/101310-bizhub-c454e-no-black-color.html)
- Bizhub c308 no Black (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/122507-bizhub-c308-no-black.html)

Bricorley
07-01-2021, 04:11 PM
If you have a spare C308 you can board swap just for testing... at lease they say you can.

Phil B.
07-01-2021, 04:51 PM
A client called couple days ago and said that printed documents have black background stripes (see attached picture 1). Need to mention that night before the call there was a storm with lightnings. Also this client uses not OEM toners but we didn't had any problems yet with that kind of toner on these bizhub model.
First thing i did is replacing Black IU because it was in a bad condition. After i replaced that, things went worse (see attached picture 2).
Then i did self diagnosis and it showed "E4-2 error" which means according to service manual bad DIMM or MFPB. Also codes P-5, P-9, P-21. I couldn't believe that, because we had similar problems in older bizhubs and usually there were bad solenoids/clutches, HV boards, DEV units and so on. Things i've already replaced:
1) Black IU
2) Black DU
3) HV Board
4) Solenoid behind HV Board
5) Transfer belt (after i did that, black color almost vanished, see picture 3 and 4)
5) DCPU board
6) FRB board

Looking for an advice before ordering an expensive MFPB, maybe somebody already had that problem and could share the solution. I will be grateful for any suggestions.