PDA

View Full Version : C458 hard buttons are wrong

Custom Search

larweedad
07-01-2021, 03:02 PM
C458. Only the 4 hard buttons (user box, scan/fax, copy. and 10 key) are not working correctly. All soft buttons and panel are fine. The hard key settings in admin are correct. If I change one of the buttons, it stays with the weirdness. In copy or scan mode, user box button scans the original. Scan and copy button beeps, but nothing. Hit 10 key and get sent to the main menu screen. The copier has less than 20K and X4 firmware. Hardly used in the last 2 years. Thought about changing control panel from another copier, but manual said something about firmware. Any other ideas.

tsbservice
07-01-2021, 03:47 PM
I would start doing Initialize all if same then will replace CP.

Gift
07-01-2021, 03:56 PM
Yeah why not.. USB backup and intitialize always does the trick every now and then

C458. Only the 4 hard buttons (user box, scan/fax, copy. and 10 key) are not working correctly. All soft buttons and panel are fine. The hard key settings in admin are correct. If I change one of the buttons, it stays with the weirdness. In copy or scan mode, user box button scans the original. Scan and copy button beeps, but nothing. Hit 10 key and get sent to the main menu screen. The copier has less than 20K and X4 firmware. Hardly used in the last 2 years. Thought about changing control panel from another copier, but manual said something about firmware. Any other ideas.

Yeah there was something firmware related causing some issues if a certain display feature (something like a shift-able button) was enabled but that was fixed ages ago. Still the current version on my server is GC7-X8 so why not giving it a shot.

If the user box button does act like a start button it's also possible that the circuit is bad or dirty - any traces of coffee spill visible? ;)

larweedad
07-02-2021, 08:28 PM
Update. Tried to back up settings. Thumb drive did not work. DA. gave me an error (open API not detected). ran total clear. Zero response from any hard key. all soft keys were fine. Replaced control panel from a C658, works like new. Thanks everyone.

tsbservice
07-02-2021, 10:51 PM
Odd ball. Thank you for giving a resolution.

Custom Search