PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on minolta C450I

Custom Search

copytrust
07-02-2021, 09:19 AM
Greetings everyone i have a client in a copyshop he has a C452 and its time to change the machine (only has 1.100.000 copies) so i am thinking to suggest him the minolta C450I but i dont know if the machine can do his job, 60% percent is normal copies but 40% of his job is heavy papers (cards 320gr) and sometimes is 350gr!!!!!!! he claims his old machine can pass this heavy paper.............
So do you have any experience in c450i can the machine do this kind of job?

Toxic
07-02-2021, 09:40 AM
Dont have expirience with C450i but you can read some opinions about C250i, C360i here
KM bizhub C250i - C360i printing heavy papers in the graphic market (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/157809-km-bizhub-c250i-c360i-printing-heavy-papers-graphic-market.html)

emujo2
07-02-2021, 02:28 PM
The C452 (552, 652) were beasts. IMHO the % of heavy stock is too high and you will be disappointed, and/or be in very frequently to replace consumables. Another item of note. the I series produces color a little differently than this older machine. You may not even be able to get close color reproduction to what he is outputting now. I would grab sample files and paper to keep you both from hating your decision. These are still plain paper copiers at heart. E

Gift
07-02-2021, 02:44 PM
Heavy stock is indeed high - I'd expect higher premature failure rates compared to the C452. We too hav a customer wo got a C654 or 99% "special paper" types (thick, coated...) plus high coverage and of course we have more visits but got it covered with a more expensive contract.

tsbservice
07-02-2021, 02:54 PM
Not recommended especially if they had old color KM model to compare with :)

mojorolla
07-02-2021, 02:59 PM
Not recommended especially if they had old color KM model to compare with :)

I have had this scenario twice now where they state "the old machines color was better". I cannot say I disagree with them either.

Copy / print shops are a pet peave of mine and I always have detailed discussion with sales before deciding on a model. With a print shop, you not only have to be worried about the stocks and jobs they currently run, but also future jobs and stock that may be new to the client and machine.

Not a good machine for a print shop IMHO

:)

copytrust
07-05-2021, 08:08 AM
Thank you all for your repplies, i have inform my client about your thoughts, the truth i made this question cause we had clients with older models (C451) and we replace this machines with the C754 and as you mentioned they all began to say, ( the colours are strange) (the colours are diffrent) (this machine cant pass 350grm paper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Again thank you for your time and opinion>

Custom Search