PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C454e Email scanning

Custom Search

Bricorley
07-05-2021, 05:16 PM
Ok' Ive tried everything..

got a call from my customer that email scanning is not working. They said Comcast went in and changed a bunch of security settings on the router side. I reset the router to factory and checked all my google settings. All is perfect but i still get server connection error. This is what is have done

- changed email to a new account
- tried my own email account
- under details ive pinged 8.8.8.8 / smtp.gmail.com and completed
- changed router / modem to factory
- firmware was flashed to G20-K9
- Ensured Less Secure is active

Any thoughts?

Max
07-05-2021, 10:34 PM
Log in to Google account using customer pc. Confirm it was you when you get security email from Google.
Check dns ip is correct or use Google's smtp IP address if dns unknown/ not working
Check ssl/tls are ticked in security settings and sertificate hasn't run out.
Best to renew it anyway, and delete the old one.
I find tls is better. Port 587
To rule out rooter. Connect you laptop to your phone via hotspot and connect copier to you laptop and share the network connection. Google it on how to. If works then something still not quite right on the rooter.
Good luck.

Bricorley
07-05-2021, 10:44 PM
Log in to Google account using customer pc. Confirm it was you when you get security email from Google.
Check dns ip is correct or use Google's smtp IP address if dns unknown/ not working
Check ssl/tls are ticked in security settings and sertificate hasn't run out.
Best to renew it anyway, and delete the old one.
I find tls is better. Port 587
To rule out rooter. Connect you laptop to your phone via hotspot and connect copier to you laptop and share the network connection. Google it on how to. If works then something still not quite right on the rooter.
Good luck.

Ive tried your suggestions on my 1st attempt. Still at a loss of words

PrintWhisperer
07-06-2021, 12:04 AM
Aside from 'Hey get a real service for business email' here are some tips from Google:

Require mail to be transmitted via a secure (TLS) connection - Google Workspace Admin Help (https://support.google.com/a/answer/2520500) Setting Google account for TLS on email

Send email from a printer, scanner, or app - Google Workspace Admin Help (https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en) General options for gmail connections.

STARTTLS for your auth setting when using port 587 btw

Synthohol
07-06-2021, 02:20 AM
G20-k9 is 3 versions behind
G20-m1 is the latest (lol2016)

Custom Search