PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Network Print to Bizhub 195

Custom Search

nelo
07-05-2021, 11:49 PM
Hi All, I have this small Bizhub 195 at a customers office. They have about 5 users printing to it and scanning from it. They are currently having issues printing to the machine and reported this issue for me to go check.

1) I connected my laptop direct connection with a data cable and gave my laptop a static address, I can ping the machine address, load the machines webservice page and also print to the machine.
2) I connected my laptop to their network and gave a static address to my laptop, I can ping machine address, load the machines webservice and also print to the machine. ( I cannot ping machine address, access webservice or print to the machine if my laptop is on DHCP )
3) There is a same model printer at a different office location users can print to.
4) I uploaded a machine mass production firmware and IC209 firmware, did 1) but is still the same.

I am leaning towards an internal routing or active directory issue and have asked their IT to look into this.

If any one who have come across similar issues can shed some light.

Regards

Phil B.
07-06-2021, 03:10 AM
Hi All, I have this small Bizhub 195 at a customers office. They have about 5 users printing to it and scanning from it. They are currently having issues printing to the machine and reported this issue for me to go check.

1) I connected my laptop direct connection with a data cable and gave my laptop a static address, I can ping the machine address, load the machines webservice page and also print to the machine.
2) I connected my laptop to their network and gave a static address to my laptop, I can ping machine address, load the machines webservice and also print to the machine. ( I cannot ping machine address, access webservice or print to the machine if my laptop is on DHCP )
3) There is a same model printer at a different office location users can print to.
4) I uploaded a machine mass production firmware and IC209 firmware, did 1) but is still the same.

I am leaning towards an internal routing or active directory issue and have asked their IT to look into this.

If any one who have come across similar issues can shed some light.

RegardsYou answered your problem in the first statement. You hook your lapper to it and you can print .
But not on their network.
Unless you have a NETWORK contract with them, its their IT dept problem.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

CP-1015
07-06-2021, 06:43 AM
Did I understood correct: Issue only with DHCP not with static address?

Toxic
07-06-2021, 08:11 AM
Had similar issue with bizhub 215 and adsl huawei router.
2 PC and 215 were connected directly to router lan ports.
For some reason router blocking traffic intermittently towards mfp (print and scan sometimes did not work).
My solution was to just put 5 ports switch and connect all devices to it.

emujo2
07-06-2021, 03:05 PM
You answered your problem in the first statement. You hook your lapper to it and you can print .

I must disagree with this statement...Unless you can afford to lose customers this is not a good way to deal with a problem like this. Most customers are willing to shoulder the responsibility of a network issue, but they need some direction to go in..Simply saying "I can print" and walking out doesn't cut it anymore. I'm not saying fix their network issues for free, but carve a line in the sand. "Mr Customer, I can print and scan with the machine off of your network. We can continue to trouble shoot this, but it is at a billable rate, or you can sign up for our connectivity support. There is a mountain of new revenue for you and your team on this side. It's almost all labor, no guessing at parts, (or having the customer buy them). E

tsbservice
07-06-2021, 05:32 PM
You answered your problem in the first statement. You hook your lapper to it and you can print .

I must disagree with this statement...Unless you can afford to lose customers this is not a good way to deal with a problem like this. Most customers are willing to shoulder the responsibility of a network issue, but they need some direction to go in..Simply saying "I can print" and walking out doesn't cut it anymore. I'm not saying fix their network issues for free, but carve a line in the sand. "Mr Customer, I can print and scan with the machine off of your network. We can continue to trouble shoot this, but it is at a billable rate, or you can sign up for our connectivity support. There is a mountain of new revenue for you and your team on this side. It's almost all labor, no guessing at parts, (or having the customer buy them). E

Phil I wish it was that simple with every network related issue. Life will be much simpler :)
I have to agree with Ed most of clients we can't leave without additional twising and troubleshooting/resolution.
At that point we can't afford to handle completely and straight forward such a problems to their IT department well most of cases. In fact here contract and even non contract customers are expecting from us to do almost everything for them doesn't matter machine side, network or logistics. :(

On the topic I second advice to put a simple switch between machine and their network.

Custom Search