PDA

View Full Version : 1st page colour, other pages mono, possible?

Custom Search

rrrohan
07-08-2021, 04:18 AM
Customer want to, print 1st page full colour then all other pages mono.

Is that even possible? The driver would suggest that its not.

Thought i would ask here before saying not possible.

tsbservice
07-08-2021, 06:39 AM
Print 1st page separately from the rest too hard :cool:

nikolai.aleksie
07-08-2021, 06:49 AM
YES, it's possible if you have EFI Fiery DFE.

rrrohan
07-08-2021, 09:57 AM
No Fiery and it's a staple job. Told them possibly with software but not a option on driver

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

emujo2
07-08-2021, 02:41 PM
If the driver is set to Auto Color, then the pages should print out as defined. If your are taking a color print job and wanting the machine to produce 1st print color and remaining prints B&W I do not think this is possible using the KM driver. E

copier addict
07-08-2021, 04:56 PM
Print the first page, then stack them in a tray and then use cover mode to print the rest and staple.

Synthohol
07-08-2021, 05:59 PM
The following advice is only if the document is a pdf.

If the inner pager are pure black then I would suggest using a different pdf app like foxit reader to print.
Adobe is the devil.
Had many customers complain about it over the years that their black pages are being charged and printed as composite black therefore a color click.
Foxit reader does an outstanding job sending black as black and color as color.

wjurls
07-09-2021, 06:35 PM
That's how I print my 2 part NCR service tickets. I just duplicated page one in monochrome to make a page 2 using word. When I go to print, it prints as a 2 page document but the front white copy is color and the pink copy is black and white. Using Bizhub C224e. Than I just run 100 sets of this "2 page" document.

Synaux
07-13-2021, 07:10 AM
It has everything to do with the print driver.
If it is in auto color then have to cross your fingers--more often than not the entire job is ran as full color (if there is color).
Pure black or rich black, etc will dictate whether color is used.

Now, with foxit and other programs that have color management, you can only specify theentire job.

**edit** I might be talking nonsense if this is a production machine

Synaux
07-13-2021, 07:46 AM
Print the first page, then stack them in a tray and then use cover mode to print the rest and staple.
As I was driving home, this thought came to me. Dodged cops and felons, just to almost post what you said... :p

**edit**
Print 1st page separately from the rest too hard :cool:
lol again...

Custom Search