PDA

View Full Version : KONICA 7165

Custom Search

SUYANTO
11-30-2008, 02:31 AM
I have trouble mc KONICA 7165 is over toning, how to adjust.
Drum and stater( developer) live 75.000 copies

Cantechman
11-30-2008, 07:25 PM
The only way I could fix it was to replace the developer. Make sure it is completely vacummed out and follow all the steps in the adjustment list after replacing it.

ck1
12-01-2008, 04:07 AM
konica 7165 ? is look like minolta Di 650 ? this model you must always setting follow the step of manual book and hard work to do servicing .as i know minolta no solution of overtone

Techead42
12-02-2008, 02:12 AM
I found a hit on KM solutions page dated Sept 2007 that encompases overtoning, background, light copies and possible intermittent SC46-08 codes...it points to LD1 or LD2 failure...write unit replacement is pointed to as a possible solution.

copytechman
12-02-2008, 03:15 AM
That (the write unit) and the dev mods, mag bearings, drum gnd bearings, dev suction fan mod + filter, the charger seal mod. The list goes on. I too am searching for a "permanent" fix.. poor quality paper is also a problem. Oh and the toner density sensor under the drum is also an apparent source of issue for these machines..
Regards!
A.

Cantechman
12-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Those machines appear to have these types of problems no matter what you do. I personally did not like servicing these models at all. You just have to kind of put up with it.

copy shop
12-02-2008, 06:29 PM
DESCRIPTION: Overtoning, background, light copies and a possible intermittent SC46-08 code.

CAUSE: LD1 or LD2 has failed and the image generated by the laser is not being output on the test pages. This results in only half of the test pattern being printed in test mode.
Generate a test page in the 36 mode, Test Pattern Output mode. Enter a data of 5 which will print out a pattern for LD1 and LD2.

SOLUTION: Replace the write unit (p/n 56AE-6500).

kiwitechnician
12-16-2008, 03:22 PM
replace developer and follow instructions in service manual to setup the machine after replacing of developer.Then decrease supplying of toner. There 3 way how to do with different priorities. You must follow instructions from manual.

cosmin_mocanu
12-20-2008, 01:13 PM
You could try to remove the toner botle, and make full black copies untill the copier will display the ,,toner low'' message. Then remove the developing unit, disasembly it, untill you get too the developer, swipe your finger very gentli over the developer, just enough to touch very softly. If you get dirty on your fingers whit toner then you schould chenge the atdc senzor. Then reasembly the copier, DO NOT PUT THE TONER BOTLE, and run the adjustments in 36 mod, and your copier schould work just fine (it is a comon problem to the KM copiers). It is very highly recomenthed that you clean all the bias contacts on the copier, on the developing unit, and on the drum unit. And of course check the toner low, the ATDC sensor, and clean the machine.

I hope it will help you, sory for the bad english, and the method iti is cheched but not recomended. I aplyed this method on several copiers, on that the owners changed themselws the drum and starter buth whithout running the necessary adjustments, and had quite good resoults, but y repeat it is not recomended but it works.

kalindd
12-20-2008, 05:32 PM
If you get dirty on your fingers whit toner then you schould chenge the atdc senzor.

And where exactly is located this ATDC sensor? As far as I remember those models don't have ATDC sensor.

For those models use ONLY OEM toner.

Check this http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/service-manual-requests/373d1212002041-konika-7022-service-manual-7155-7272-check-list-toner-mist-fix.pdf

Also read this:

To answer your question first, the bizhub 600 & 750 are mechanically almost identical to the previous line the 7255/7272 (DI-5510/DI-7210) which in turn are based on the 7155/7165 (DI-551, DI-650). I actually find the toner spillage problem to be actually worst with the 600 & 750 than with the previous lines. In addition, they screwed around with previously great Konica firmware and made it slow and buggy (i.e. Minolta).

Now, I have worked with these machines for many years and know all the ins and outs of them. What was mentioned before is true in terms of paper dust, etc.
But there is a simple fix that will keep this machine and all the stated models running much, much cleaner.
Change dip-switch 5-1 to a 1 and dip-switch 23-3 to a one. These will change both the toner density threshold to what in poorly translated Japanese is "minimum lighter density setting" which is to say, lighter than they come at factory but not as light as the "maximum lighter density setting".

What will happen, is that the toner mix in the developer unit will be reduced, lowering the amount of misting. Also the laser intensity will be affected.

You can actually make it even lighter by also changing 5-0 and 23-2 to ones along with the others if the problem persist, but solids may become washed out on large jobs.

I think you will see a great diference if you try this. I usually go in maybe once or twice between PM's (250K)to clean out the drum carriage and even then the toner spillage is not an issue.

Just remember, if you see toner spilling ALL the way across the developer sleeve (mag roller) then you know that your machine is basically overtoning.

Hope this wasn't too convoluted.

If he wants a better machine - I reccomend the Bizhub 920 - The best machine we ever made!

Good luck.

cosmin_mocanu
12-22-2008, 05:15 AM
i am verry sory for the confusion, i was refering to the AIDC sensor. And by the way, i have a konica 7085 seted on far light copies, and from time to time it still overtoning. It is just an isue of the series.

SUYANTO
01-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Ok...guys
Thank v much for all my friends
Good luck and succses any time
:):) :D:D

Custom Search