PDA

View Full Version : BH454e dumping toner in waste

Custom Search

Zesti
07-13-2021, 01:57 PM
HI guys,
This 454e is dumping toner in waste. Initially when received call, noticed that the erase lamp was not lighting. Found a bad fuse in PRCB and the Erase LEDs were on. Even then the machine is dumping toner. I did a tweak and removed the drum only from drum bracket and machine did not dumped the toner and the level history became stable at around 6.5%.......my doubt is HV board....any suggestion about it.
P.S some other techs were messing up with machine and customer mentioned that the toner average was decreasing over time from 20k>16k>6k and then started giving 2557...

Synthohol
07-13-2021, 02:24 PM
most likely cause may be a little bushing.

Zesti
07-15-2021, 07:44 AM
most likely cause may be a little bushing.
Thanks Synthol.... but I believe that's not the case ..... the machine is dumping toner in waste as I mentioned... I happen to check the HV board on another machine and it was working just fine.... So my tech will now check its HV wiring...
P.S. replaced DV tank and drum with a working one, result was same, this machines units works on other machine just normal...no toner dumping..
Just to clarify on this machine the toner is feeding properly but the toner dumping is way to high/fast than toner addition and that's why it throws 2557.

Gift
07-15-2021, 11:14 AM
HV board is possible, perhaps faulty or not seated properly.

Does it dump all colurs or just one?

DK-tech
07-16-2021, 08:12 AM
This model has issues with dumping developer. Especially the cyan developer wich shows up as white stripes on the cyan test page. Not sure if this is your issue, but if you change out the developer make sure to clean/vacum the small hole where it sucks out tonerdust from the developer.

Zesti
07-17-2021, 08:53 AM
HV board is possible, perhaps faulty or not seated properly.

Does it dump all colurs or just one?
That's B&W MFP..... Have already reseated the HV board and its working fine on another machine....

Custom Search