PDA

View Full Version : Biz C224e - Muratec version?

Custom Search

copyman
07-13-2021, 07:09 PM
Can the MFX C2280 Muratec be changed to take Konica Minolta C224e toner? With changing firmware, board, etc ??? I just need it to accept genuine Kon-Min toner & other consumables.

Thanks in advance

mojorolla
07-13-2021, 07:17 PM
Muratec documentation is a total shit show. This should help:

:)

tsbservice
07-13-2021, 07:34 PM
Can the MFX C2280 Muratec be changed to take Konica Minolta C224e toner? With changing firmware, board, etc ??? I just need it to accept genuine Kon-Min toner & other consumables.

Thanks in advance

The question is can MFX C2280 physically accomodate TN321CMYK toners. Usually some ribs need cutting. I would go to Muratec machine with empty TN321 and see how it feels. You know toners for C224e don't have chip so definitely no boards involved.

scanmc
07-13-2021, 08:27 PM
The question is can MFX C2280 physically accomodate TN321CMYK toners. Usually some ribs need cutting. I would go to Muratec machine with empty TN321 and see how it feels. You know toners for C224e don't have chip so definitely no boards involved.

The caps on both the drum units and toners are different than the KM version. I usually keep some empties from the Muratec on both to swap over to the KM so I don't need to stock both supplies
On the new I series the machines are identical as the KM just a Muratec label on the front

tsbservice
07-13-2021, 08:34 PM
The caps on both the drum units and toners are different than the KM version. I usually keep some empties from the Muratec on both to swap over to the KM so I don't need to stock both supplies
On the new I series the machines are identical as the KM just a Muratec label on the front

That sounds reasonable. Thank you for clarification.

scanmc
07-13-2021, 08:40 PM
I never really looked close but maybe there is a way to swap out the face plates for the toner & drum units from a KM to the Muratec?

copyman
07-14-2021, 12:47 PM
I never really looked close but maybe there is a way to swap out the face plates for the toner & drum units from a KM to the Muratec?

Thanks for the replies.

I have a C224 parts machine I may just swap out the toner cover so the C224 toners will fit without cutting anything. And put a label on machine near toners saying to use K/M toner only!

I rebuild the drums and believe the chips are universal so should be ok with that. I would think the drums are interchangeable but never know when a supply has a chip.

Take care

copyman
07-15-2021, 03:02 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I have a C224 parts machine I may just swap out the toner cover so the C224 toners will fit without cutting anything. And put a label on machine near toners saying to use K/M toner only!

I rebuild the drums and believe the chips are universal so should be ok with that. I would think the drums are interchangeable but never know when a supply has a chip.

Take care

Had a chance to look at a C224 toner assembly from parts machine, looks like after removing complete toner hopper assembly there are 2 screws to take toner holder off of top. This is piece that has tabs inside stopping other OEM toner to be used. Since the toner assembly comes out so easy will swap out instead of cutting tabs, etc.

Thanks again for the help.

Reed
07-16-2021, 04:32 AM
just break the little fin off the toner to make it fit. Takes 5 seconds. I have done it several times

copyman
07-21-2021, 06:59 PM
Ok, so I swapped out the toner holder so the Muratec will now accept K/M toners. It's going to a customer with 5 other C224e's and wants to use all Kon/MinTN321 toners.

Few other questions:

Can I use Kon/Min Firmware to update the Muratec?

Is there a way to have machine show Kon/Min instead of Muratec on web page, etc. NOT trying to deceive anyone! Trying to avoid confusion for the IT people at one of my biggest accounts!

It already printed with Kon/Min driver on my server so nothing special there.

Thanks for any help.

Reed
07-21-2021, 07:17 PM
Ok, so I swapped out the toner holder so the Muratec will now accept K/M toners. It's going to a customer with 5 other C224e's and wants to use all Kon/MinTN321 toners.

Few other questions:

Can I use Kon/Min Firmware to update the Muratec?

Is there a way to have machine show Kon/Min instead of Muratec on web page, etc. NOT trying to deceive anyone! Trying to avoid confusion for the IT people at one of my biggest accounts!

It already printed with Kon/Min driver on my server so nothing special there.

Thanks for any help.Firmware is the same.. I've often wondered what software switch would make the machine show bizhub upon start up as opposed to muratec.. (you used to be able to change the copystar and kyocera start up screens). Btw.. You will still have problems with the drums unless you modify the developer unit or change the blue cap before installing the drum

You can always load your company logo on the copier so that it shows your logo on all the copiers them you don't have to worry about any of that

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

tsbservice
07-21-2021, 07:18 PM
As for FW I have no problems using KM 8 series firmware in Develop(another KM subbrand) machines. But I don't have Develop analog for C224e in the field to test.
Regarding other question I'm going to PM you later.

tsbservice
07-21-2021, 07:43 PM
Firmware is the same.. I've often wondered what software switch would make the machine show bizhub upon start up as opposed to muratec.. (you used to be able to change the copystar and kyocera start up screens). Btw.. You will still have problems with the drums unless you modify the developer unit or change the blue cap before installing the drum

You can always load your company logo on the copier so that it shows your logo on all the copiers them you don't have to worry about any of that

Boot screen is nice but I doubt IT blocks will ever bother watching machine startup. I combine it with setup wallpaper for customers it's way more impressive to have prescribed picture in background. Like Windows desktop I like to keep machine main screen clear from not needed buttons.

copyman
07-21-2021, 10:55 PM
As for FW I have no problems using KM 8 series firmware in Develop(another KM subbrand) machines. But I don't have Develop analog for C224e in the field to test.
Regarding other question I'm going to PM you later.

Thanks!

copyman
07-23-2021, 01:21 AM
just break the little fin off the toner to make it fit. Takes 5 seconds. I have done it several times

can't ask the customer the cut the fin. it took a little more time but as I mentioned I used the toner holder from a C224. Swapped front cover to a C224e. Firmware & dip switch change worked and machine now thinks it's a C224.

blackcat4866
07-23-2021, 01:35 AM
You can also change the hostname to: KonMin224 or whatever you like.

copyman
07-23-2021, 01:42 AM
Just wanted to update. The Muratec version can totally be converted to the BizHub model. I swapped out the toner holder & front cover from a parts C224e. Updated firmware and changed Dip switch. The machine now thinks it's a Kon/Min. Still have to change the boot screen but that should be it. Probably put the customers logo on it.

Still going to put a small label inside front cover and on rear side near Muratec serial # label, stating "This machine has been converted from Muratec to Kon/Min BizHub". Not so much for my customer who knows about conversion but more for a tech working on it in the future.

Thanks again everyone and hope this helps someone else.

Reed
07-23-2021, 01:48 AM
can't ask the customer the cut the fin. it took a little more time but as I mentioned I used the toner holder from a C224. Swapped front cover to a C224e. Firmware & dip switch change worked and machine now thinks it's a C224.I cut the fin off before delivery. I don't ask the customer to do it

copyman
07-23-2021, 03:00 AM
I cut the fin off before delivery. I don't ask the customer to do it

Figured that's what you meant. I should of been more clear just didn't want to have to cut ribs on 10 or 20 toners at a time. If it was at regular customer getting one two toners a year no big deal I would cut the fins. Like I posted they have 5 machines at this one location, this will be the sixth using all the same toner. They order a lot of toner. They love the C224's and when I couldn't find a decent low meter C224 I went for the Muratec. The rest is history.

rrrohan
07-23-2021, 04:57 AM
Firmware is the same.. I've often wondered what software switch would make the machine show bizhub upon start up as opposed to muratec..

im guessing when mfpb is installed and firmware is loaded for first time it will be something to do with the option you set in Machine Type.

copyman
07-23-2021, 10:49 PM
im guessing when mfpb is installed and firmware is loaded for first time it will be something to do with the option you set in Machine Type.

It's actually a soft switch that "badges" the copier. I think they come out of the same factory with a different serial # label, soft switch changed & boot screen. And as was discussed in this thread the toners have fins on them so the OEM's make you but only their toner. Someone also mentioned the drums may have something different on them so they can't me interchanged between different OEM models? Going to check that out later tonight.

Don't want to post the soft switch on public forum as it was given to me in private. If you are a known member here PM if you need it.

rrrohan
07-24-2021, 03:57 AM
i guess u could order a new front cover so the key matches the toner from konica

copyman
07-24-2021, 11:06 PM
i guess u could order a new front cover so the key matches the toner from konica

I had a parts C224 and used the toner cover from that.

Custom Search