PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C3350 vertical lines in the center of the printed page

Custom Search

kombo2
07-14-2021, 12:33 PM
On some prints there are grey or black vertical lines (see scan), does anyone know what might cause this problem?

copyman
07-14-2021, 12:41 PM
On some prints there are grey or black vertical lines (see scan), does anyone know what might cause this problem?

Looks like black image unit or transfer belt need to be replaced. What do the consumable life counters look like?

tsbservice
07-14-2021, 12:58 PM
+1 on black IU.

robinsonad86
07-14-2021, 04:08 PM
Take the TBU out of the machine and turn by hand if the marks disappear off the belt then its black image unit

kombo2
07-14-2021, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, i should have mentioned that i have replaced the black imaging unit just a couple of weeks ago because of another issue (that was fixed by the replacement), so i hope it is not the imaging unit again.

tsbservice
07-14-2021, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, i should have mentioned that i have replaced the black imaging unit just a couple of weeks ago because of another issue (that was fixed by the replacement), so i hope it is not the imaging unit again.

What was another issue?

kombo2
07-14-2021, 05:00 PM
Looks like black image unit or transfer belt need to be replaced. What do the consumable life counters look like?

Consumables are pretty ok, that unit is used only very lighly.

kombo2
07-14-2021, 05:03 PM
What was another issue?

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/156722-konica-minolta-c3350-white-spots-vertical-lines-black-grey-prints.html?highlight=

I think you even helped to solve it : )

copiray
07-14-2021, 07:20 PM
By the color of the stripes and the distance between them, I would say that it is a problem with the transfer belt, check manually

srvctec
07-14-2021, 08:35 PM
By the color of the stripes and the distance between them, I would say that it is a problem with the transfer belt, check manually
I agree.

kombo2
07-14-2021, 09:05 PM

Last time i made some pictures of the belt, is anything visible in these pictures? I can see some scratches but can not judge if they might be causing these vertical lines.

blackcat4866
07-14-2021, 11:47 PM
The color of the marks indicates primary transfer cleaning. Note the color of the streaks:
C:6
M:3
Y:0
K:23

=^..^=

femaster
07-15-2021, 03:16 AM

The lines seem to vary in width, so my guess is the Trans Belt not getting cleaned properly. Remove and check to see if something is caught in the cleaning blade / unit. Clean it out if there is, and you might solve your issue with no parts. If the belt is near life, probably best to just replace it anyway as the problem would most likely return.

Walterj
07-15-2021, 03:47 AM

Good day
Estimated according to your scan it is visualized that these marks are from the leading edge of the paper and it is very likely that it is your black imaging unit.
I recommend you take the halftone test at 128 for each color so that you can see the most accurate error.
Lucky.

copiray
07-15-2021, 12:28 PM
[QUOTE = kombo2; 1832912] La última vez que hice algunas fotos del cinturón, ¿hay algo visible en estas fotos? Puedo ver algunos rasguños, pero no puedo juzgar si pueden estar causando estas líneas verticales.
497104971149712[/CITA]
If the problem is in the transfer belt, it will be in the cleaning blade, check if it has accumulation of dirt in the area where the paper stains, the use of poor quality paper produces a lot of paper dust that ends up on the cleaning blade , the band seems to be fine

copyman
07-15-2021, 08:18 PM
When I've had those lines from the transfer belt many time I was able to replace just the trans belt cleaning blade (aftermarket) instead of expensive transfer belt. Especially when trans belt is no where near end of life. Unlike most of Kon/Min belts that can last 2-3 cycles these crap out early instead of reaching consumable expire count.

kombo2
07-18-2021, 11:48 AM
Sorry for the late reply, i just now got to have a closer look at the transfer belt. The culprit seems to be the tranfser belt cleaning, as many of you have already suspected. Reasons are:

I have printed some test documents with multiple color areas, and after that printed a document with mostly text on it. On that document the vertical lines are very clearly visible and as blackcat4866 pointed out (from a very bad quality picture), the lines are not onyl black but black, yellow and magenta. So it seems that it is not one imaging unit, but some part that affects all colors.
A photo of the transfer belt immediately after this print shows yellow (and other) toner residue stripes on the transfer belt in the center, but no visible residue in the outer areas. So it seems the belt surface has been cleaned, but after the cleaning there is still toner residue in the center. That looks indeed like the transfer belt cleaning is not working correctly.

Do you have any suggestions where (located in Germany) i can get one or two cleaning blades, what the part number for C3350 is or where i can search for that? Is there any manual on how to replace the cleaning blade?

kombo2
07-26-2021, 11:04 AM
Does really noone have an idea where i can find a replacement cleaning blade?

copyman
07-26-2021, 11:52 AM
Not sure how many different ways you need to be told it's the transfer belt. Anyway I suggested the cleaning blade and may have been wrong. The aftermarket blades are sold for the C35 which I thought are the same as C3350? I've never confirmed this so maybe someone can?

Here is the blade I had in mind:

Copylite - Aftermarket, Compatible, and OEM Copier Supplies and Products (https://www.copylite.com/Catalog/ProductDetail?productNo=BLBC35&manufacturer=Konica%20Minolta)

Also a good rule of thumb with servicing copiers & printers: gray / green color lines or toner leaking inside machine, etc is always waste toner. If lines / toner leaking are only one color CYMK then look at that specific color drum / developer unit as the issue.

kombo2
07-27-2021, 10:57 PM
Not sure how many different ways you need to be told it's the transfer belt.
Not sure what you mean by that.

It would be helpful if someone could confirm that the cleaning blade for the C35 will work for the C3350.

Custom Search