PDA

View Full Version : Foggy PH Protective Cover

Custom Search

inutelkamo
07-16-2021, 02:13 AM
Hi Masters,

Any suggested remedy for this?

PH protective cover was foggy. (see the upper part of the image). Laser cant penetrate well, creating a uneven image from lead to trail.
The fog seems to be on glass can be remove by wipes.

Parts replacement still not yet to arrive, and looking for possible remedy.
Option 1.) Remove the protective cover
Option 2.) Replace the glass from glass sellers
Option 3.) Abrasive cleaning like in car headlights

Your thoughtful comments and suggestions are very well welcomed.

Synthohol
07-16-2021, 04:11 AM
kind of reminds me of the analog days and the mirrors would get the same effect.
this film that nothing in most toolbags have would remove.
we used to use industrial strength commercial grade windex. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Windex-128-fl-oz-Glass-Cleaner/3329416?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-lwn-_-google-_-lia-_-127-_-traditionalcleaning-_-3329416-_-0&placeholder=null&ds_rl=1286981&gclid=Cj0KCQjwub-HBhCyARIsAPctr7xnmV_7E7Tk0gdKZSdNPaXwjD8Jnzf3BP2UN pjroh8MX91qsbcG2UEaAszbEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

or try ammonia, blanketwash, vinegar, buffing it with fuser oil. (separately of course)
those used to help me 20 years ago

blackcat4866
07-16-2021, 05:45 PM
Hi Masters,

Any suggested remedy for this?

PH protective cover was foggy. (see the upper part of the image). Laser cant penetrate well, creating a uneven image from lead to trail.
The fog seems to be on glass can be remove by wipes.

Parts replacement still not yet to arrive, and looking for possible remedy.
Option 1.) Remove the protective cover
Option 2.) Replace the glass from glass sellers
Option 3.) Abrasive cleaning like in car headlights

Your thoughtful comments and suggestions are very well welcomed.

Did you say that it CAN be removed with wipes? Then you're done. In a dirty environment you may need to repeat that periodically.

Or did I read that wrong? =^..^=

REGSIS
07-20-2021, 06:52 AM
Did you say that it CAN be removed with wipes? Then you're done. In a dirty environment you may need to repeat that periodically.

I did read the same. :confused:

Gift
07-20-2021, 06:55 AM
Is it moisture? If it can be removed I guess it wouldn't make much sense to swap the glass.

inutelkamo
07-23-2021, 02:49 AM

wahaha!
sarry, typo error..
i mean, CANT REMOVE by wipes..

blackcat4866
07-24-2021, 01:01 AM
What chemicals have you used?:

Orange oil based solvent?
Alcohol?
Paraffin Lamp Oil?
WD40?

I wouldn't much worry about removing any coating from the glass, especially if it's the coating that's discolored.
It makes me wonder if there isn't an environmental factor, some airborn solvent attacking the coating, or even etching the glass.

If you cannot get that glass clean, your two options are new glass or new laser. I don't see a model number in the thread ... these look like laser slit glasses on the color presses (much much cheaper than buying whole lasers).

Brett GS
08-03-2021, 06:23 PM
What chemicals have you used?:

Orange oil based solvent?
Alcohol?
Paraffin Lamp Oil?
WD40?

I wouldn't much worry about removing any coating from the glass, especially if it's the coating that's discolored.
It makes me wonder if there isn't an environmental factor, some airborn solvent attacking the coating, or even etching the glass.

If you cannot get that glass clean, your two options are new glass or new laser. I don't see a model number in the thread ... these look like laser slit glasses on the color presses (much much cheaper than buying whole lasers).

Looks like B920 glasd that slids into the ph.

Custom Search