PDA

View Full Version : C458 customer wants a wired connection and wireless connection for printing

Custom Search

adecanmin
07-20-2021, 09:13 PM
Gentlemen
Customer wants the wired network and wireless to be separated for printing. I searched for a wireless bridge that will work with the usb port on the copier. Could not find one. Is there another way?

bsm2
07-20-2021, 09:21 PM
Just add a access point or have them get a new router that supports wireless.

adecanmin
07-20-2021, 10:25 PM
That's what I figured. thanks.

rrrohan
07-21-2021, 12:19 AM
So they want WiFi Direct Printing? Most building sites like this option so sub contractors can easily print without needing the actual wifi code

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

adecanmin
07-21-2021, 03:07 AM
So they want WiFi Direct Printing? Most building sites like this option so sub contractors can easily print without needing the actual wifi code

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk It won't be that convenient. They will need the Wi-Fi password. It is a therapy place . They want the therapists on one network and the office staff on the other. More so to reduce broadcast traffic.

rrrohan
07-21-2021, 04:22 AM
VLAN?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

BillyCarpenter
07-21-2021, 04:31 AM
It won't be that convenient. They will need the Wi-Fi password. It is a therapy place . They want the therapists on one network and the office staff on the other. More so to reduce broadcast traffic.

So, they'll only have 2 Wireless SSID's? And how many users will be on each wireless network?

I agree with rthonpm about using VLANs but are there really enough users for broadcast traffic to be a concern?

adecanmin
07-21-2021, 05:46 AM
So, they'll only have 2 Wireless SSID's? And how many users will be on each wireless network?

I agree with rthonpm about using VLANs but are there really enough users for broadcast traffic to be a concern?

Not big enough to be a concern. 25 max users on one and maybe 5 or so on the other. I've never set up the vlan function on the c458. I not involved with the network. They are handling it. I'm just offering some advise.

BillyCarpenter
07-21-2021, 12:10 PM
Not big enough to be a concern. 25 max users on one and maybe 5 or so on the other. I've never set up the vlan function on the c458. I not involved with the network. They are handling it. I'm just offering some advise.

VLANS are set up @ the switch and it virtually creates separate networks thus limiting broadcast traffic to the individual VLAN. It's gonna be the most simple way to accomplish what you're trying to do. Otherwise, you'd have to install another router to contain broadcast traffic.

bsm2
07-21-2021, 12:15 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

adecanmin
07-21-2021, 01:33 PM
Ok

emujo2
07-21-2021, 01:33 PM
You could simply add the wireless kit (UK 212 I think). In service mode you would tell the machine to use both wired and wireless, you would connect to a broadcasting wireless or set the wireless option to be it's own SSD, this would limit the amount of users that could connect to it, but works pretty well. Then the wired portion provides connectivity for the masses. E

adecanmin
07-21-2021, 03:21 PM
You could simply add the wireless kit (UK 212 I think). In service mode you would tell the machine to use both wired and wireless, you would connect to a broadcasting wireless or set the wireless option to be it's own SSD, this would limit the amount of users that could connect to it, but works pretty well. Then the wired portion provides connectivity for the masses. E
Ok. I'll see if I can find a used one. The C458 has been out a while.

Custom Search