PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C450 feeding misregistration

Custom Search

tehcgelad
12-01-2008, 09:16 AM
I got a used bizhub C450 that always print with image that stretched by about 2mm at the lower right corner. I removed the transfer belt to look for any defects but found none. So I put it back and now the machine prints with the printed area shifts vertically (either up or down) every few pages. If it starts up ok, after a few runs it will print with the printed area shifts down by about 2-3mm, then it's back to normal again. This goes on and does not stabilize even if I print up to 500 pages in a single run. I have tried with different paper size and thickness settings, and did the paper feed adjustment in service mode. Nothing helped. So far I suspect it is either the transfer belt or the transfer roller. Hope someone can shed a light on this. Thanks.
Hank.

lanierboy
12-01-2008, 03:11 PM
try the latest firmware 3.05, they did have a fix for image problems

Techead42
12-02-2008, 02:19 AM
I got a used bizhub C450 that always print with image that stretched by about 2mm at the lower right corner. I removed the transfer belt to look for any defects but found none. So I put it back and now the machine prints with the printed area shifts vertically (either up or down) every few pages. If it starts up ok, after a few runs it will print with the printed area shifts down by about 2-3mm, then it's back to normal again. This goes on and does not stabilize even if I print up to 500 pages in a single run. I have tried with different paper size and thickness settings, and did the paper feed adjustment in service mode. Nothing helped. So far I suspect it is either the transfer belt or the transfer roller. Hope someone can shed a light on this. Thanks.
Hank.

Does this problem occur regardless of which paper tray you run from? How about the bypass unit? Is the shift increased when you run your originals through the document feeder?

tehcgelad
12-04-2008, 02:56 AM
Yes, the problem still exists regardless from which tray the paper is being fed, including the bypass unit. But I haven't checked on the copied image from the document feeder. Will look into that. By the way, I couldn't seem to find the firmware update anywhere on the web, including the major Konica Minolta websites. Where else can I find it ? Thanks.

tehcgelad
02-20-2009, 03:44 AM
Does anybody know where I can get the latest firmware 3.05 for Bizhub C450? Thanks.

kmcopier
02-20-2009, 08:37 PM
Is the complete image shifted, What if you make one copy at the time and (single copies) and then a run of 10 in one run.
Our do you mean color shift.??

Gr kmcopier

tehcgelad
02-25-2009, 03:28 PM
Sorry, I misused the term misregistration. There was no misregistration of any of the 4 colors (except when I print thick stock). Basically it's like the image moves down vertically along the length of the paper. For example, If I placed a marker at an inch interval from top to bottom of the page, each marker along the way will be slightly off where it's suppose to be. So the last marker on a, let say A3 paper, will be about 3mm below where it's suppose to be. Hope this make sense.

kmcopier
02-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Check your fuserspeed for thick paper, also there is special firmware for thick paper and registration the machine performs then an better color registration gr kmcopier

sanchez
02-26-2009, 11:29 AM
try the [Machine] → [Printer Area] → [Paper Feed Direction Adj] in Service menu

Setright
02-26-2009, 11:58 AM
First (and easiest) is to make sure you are on Phase 3.0 or 3.05 firmware as mentioned above.

Below 3.0 is sure to give you these types of problems.

tehcgelad
03-07-2009, 07:09 AM
Still have no access to the Phase 3.0.5 firmware. Even the guy I got the machine from doesn't have it. Any suggestion from you guys? :confused:

Custom Search