PDA

View Full Version : What seems to be hard toner top of page

Custom Search

positiveg
07-25-2021, 11:16 PM
All, hoping everyone is well.
Please check out the photo attached and let me know please what could be causing this.
We getting this hard toner at least that's what it feels like running top of jobs on 11*17 prints bit happens on both sides. I had a toner in there that head seemed to have malfunctioned so I switched it black toner. But same issue seems to to still be taking place. Could it be leakage from the toner or summen else? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210725/817c0b19f4bd87ea60f14b4f7972cc4e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

copier addict
07-26-2021, 01:13 AM
Please check out the photo attached and let me know please what could be causing this.
We getting this hard toner at least that's what it feels like running top of jobs on 11*17 prints bit happens on both sides. I had a toner in there that head seemed to have malfunctioned so I switched it black toner. But same issue seems to to still be taking place. Could it be leakage from the toner or summen else? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210725/817c0b19f4bd87ea60f14b4f7972cc4e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Not knowing what machine makes it difficult to give an accurate answer, but I would say by the picture you have a failing black dev unit.

blackcat4866
07-26-2021, 01:14 AM
Let's start with the simple questions:

What model is this?
Is that pattern appearing in the feed direction or crossfeed direction?
Why aren't there any image voids?

=^..^=

BillyCarpenter
07-26-2021, 02:26 AM
The total and PM counters would be helpful.

positiveg
07-26-2021, 01:29 PM
Sorry for my bad banners folks
The machine is a C454e
The dev unit was recently changed earlier this year
And we haven't been doing a lot of prints over past months because of lockdowns etc
It eventually stopped and I think could of been because of the fact the black toner the cap was loose so it seems like more toner may have been spilling into the bin that was necessary

I'll let you guys know if it comes back today
something similar though started happening with the Cyan blue streaks top of the 12 x 18 paper only.

robinsonad86
07-26-2021, 01:56 PM
Sorry for my bad banners folks
The machine is a C454e
The dev unit was recently changed earlier this year
And we haven't been doing a lot of prints over past months because of lockdowns etc
It eventually stopped and I think could of been because of the fact the black toner the cap was loose so it seems like more toner may have been spilling into the bin that was necessary

I'll let you guys know if it comes back today
something similar though started happening with the Cyan blue streaks top of the 12 x 18 paper only.

Drum and transfer belt lives? Also are the filters clean or backed up with toner?

emujo2
07-26-2021, 02:15 PM
if you can feel it, it's probably developer. E

positiveg
07-26-2021, 03:26 PM
if you can feel it, it's probably developer. E

yeah i can feel it
I think i have the developers in stock because last time that happened it hurt me for a week or so waiting for them to get here.
So should have that in stock
But why does it empty so fast
My Xerox C75 changes maybe once every 18 months this is almost liek every 8
and we use the Xerox more for lot larger quantity jobs.

positiveg
07-26-2021, 03:28 PM
Drum and transfer belt lives? Also are the filters clean or backed up with toner?

Drum lives above 80 all of them
transfer belt 67
Fuser 87

Toner all mainly full and genuine.
the last black as I said was leaking
And I'm seeing it top of page the cyan I'll try get the team send me a photo so can forward to you guys to take a look at.

kingarthur
07-26-2021, 04:15 PM
Blocked toner filtration system can cause the problem, over life or Faulty Consumables can cause it

as well as replacing DV & Drum of the faulty colours, lower the TCR value of the affected colour by "-1" if it reoccurs then lower it again. Check the MC grid on the drum unit of the failed colour, is it covered in toner one end/both ends

As well as checking the filters, remove the main drive, and vac out the ducts on the main drive

Any over life consumables, can cause other colours to fail, so make sure that everything is within life

tech_in_greybruce1
07-27-2021, 01:42 PM
Check for build up on the fuser roller

positiveg
08-03-2021, 11:24 AM
Thanks all. Will check out the filters and for any build up

Sent from my SM-A025M using Tapatalk

Brett GS
08-03-2021, 06:07 PM
Check the black drum.
More then likely the charge unit has toner in it.

positiveg
08-03-2021, 08:56 PM
Check the black drum.
More then likely the charge unit has toner in it.Will check this too.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-A025M using Tapatalk

tulintron
08-03-2021, 09:16 PM

Sent from my SM-G955F using TapatalkWhy doesn't the cyan image have white borders?

Custom Search