PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C284e firmware Installation problem

Custom Search

danbb
07-27-2021, 09:47 PM
I have been trying to get a C284e to take new firmware, and run into problems every time. Current is G00-C8. Trying to flash GDB-M1 to solve issues with SMB1. SSD firmware is at 6.03 currently, updated from 6.02. I have tried 4 different flash drives, a 1 gb, 2gb, 4gb, and 8gb, from various manufacturers (verbatim, patriot, and Sandisk). The machine accepts 3 of these flash drives if I have the SSD update on them, but if I instead put the FW update files in the root of the drive as instructed, I get an error "this is invalid external memory". I tried then using the ISW update method, using the provided batch file to create a .tar, and running a FTP server. but I get an error "failed to get information from the Firmware Server" after the firmware file is downloaded. If I try to download and install the firmware through the web interface, the machine will download the update, show the new version as available, but when it tries to install, says "file not available on firmware server". I can verify with FileZilla that the file is indeed requested, downloaded, and that the client closed the connection after the download is complete in both cases. I tried reformatting the hard drive, and get the same issues. Does anyone here have any ideas? Any reason this machine shouldn't take the new firmware?

copyman
07-27-2021, 10:17 PM
I have been trying to get a C284e to take new firmware, and run into problems every time. Current is G00-C8. Trying to flash GDB-M1 to solve issues with SMB1. SSD firmware is at 6.03 currently, updated from 6.02. I have tried 4 different flash drives, a 1 gb, 2gb, 4gb, and 8gb, from various manufacturers (verbatim, patriot, and Sandisk). The machine accepts 3 of these flash drives if I have the SSD update on them, but if I instead put the FW update files in the root of the drive as instructed, I get an error "this is invalid external memory". I tried then using the ISW update method, using the provided batch file to create a .tar, and running a FTP server. but I get an error "failed to get information from the Firmware Server" after the firmware file is downloaded. If I try to download and install the firmware through the web interface, the machine will download the update, show the new version as available, but when it tries to install, says "file not available on firmware server". I can verify with FileZilla that the file is indeed requested, downloaded, and that the client closed the connection after the download is complete in both cases. I tried reformatting the hard drive, and get the same issues. Does anyone here have any ideas? Any reason this machine shouldn't take the new firmware?

You only copy the contents of the F/W folder to flash drive not the whole folder. That is usually mistake made.

danbb
07-27-2021, 10:29 PM
You only copy the contents of the F/W folder to flash drive not the whole folder. That is usually mistake made.
Just to confirm, in my case that would be a folder called A61F0Y0-F000-GDB-M1(00), and in it it should have folders like work_fw, SataF, module, iptables, fw, bin, app, and several files, like the ramdisk, initramfs, etc.

Synthohol
07-27-2021, 10:32 PM
Just to confirm, in my case that would be a folder called A61F0Y0-F000-GDB-M1(00), and in it it should have folders like work_fw, SataF, module, iptables, fw, bin, app, and several files, like the ramdisk, initramfs, etc.

yes, that is what goes on the root of the flash drive.

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/konica-minolta/49805d1609184418-konica-minolta-c284e-firmware-installation-problem-root-jpg

danbb
07-27-2021, 10:36 PM
yes, that is what goes on the root of the flash drive.

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/konica-minolta/49805d1609184418-konica-minolta-c284e-firmware-installation-problem-root-jpg
That's what I have on the root of my flash drive. Just get the "error this is invalid external memory"

Synthohol
07-27-2021, 10:39 PM
and its plugged into the service port in the back right?
ive seen similar when ssd is blanked and an incorrect machine and type are set back to ff for both.
its something to check

Synthohol
07-27-2021, 10:41 PM
the firmware you are trying to use is C224e C284e_C364e_A5C10Y0-F000-GDB-M1.exe (https://cscsupportftp.mykonicaminolta.com/DownloadFile/Download.ashx?fileversionid=25509&productid=1609) right?

danbb
07-27-2021, 11:04 PM
the firmware you are trying to use is C224e C284e_C364e_A5C10Y0-F000-GDB-M1.exe (https://cscsupportftp.mykonicaminolta.com/DownloadFile/Download.ashx?fileversionid=25509&productid=1609) right?
The file I was using was 224e_284e_364e_454e_554e_A61F0Y0-F000-GDB-M1.exe. I downloaded the one you linked and compared hashes, and it was different, tried it and the machine accepts it. Thanks for the help

femaster
07-28-2021, 02:10 AM
The file I was using was 224e_284e_364e_454e_554e_A61F0Y0-F000-GDB-M1.exe. I downloaded the one you linked and compared hashes, and it was different, tried it and the machine accepts it. Thanks for the help

Yup, the one you were trying to use was for the B&W models. Notice the "C" is missing from the front of each model #. Glad to know that Synthohol got you the correct link.

Synthohol
07-28-2021, 03:59 AM
Request to use SMB2.0 on this product series.
DipSW to change support SMB versions for the SMB client functions.
DipSW No.219 (bit 2)
Software SW No.219 0x00: SMB1.0/2.0 are available. (default)
Software SW No.219 0x04: Only SMB2.0 is available. <----------that has to be set and ntlm set to v2 as well. its in admin, network, smb, client settings and somewhere around there.
im better at the screen than my burnt memory cells :(

Zesti
07-28-2021, 11:38 AM
Request to use SMB2.0 on this product series.
DipSW to change support SMB versions for the SMB client functions.
DipSW No.219 (bit 2)
Software SW No.219 0x00: SMB1.0/2.0 are available. (default)
Software SW No.219 0x04: Only SMB2.0 is available. <----------that has to be set and ntlm set to v2 as well. its in admin, network, smb, client settings and somewhere around there.
im better at the screen than my burnt memory cells :(
Synthol.... Not burnt memory cells...it should be consumed memory cells.... Be in good health..:)

copier tech
07-28-2021, 01:30 PM

The Latest Firmware is GDP-M1

Synthohol
07-28-2021, 05:38 PM
The OP requested the correct firmware that specifically addressed the smb2.0 issue which I posted.
I have no idea where you got that version from but it's not what was requested.
Plus he was trying mono fw not color.
Gdp fw is not the latest either
G20-m1 is latest base and gqw-m1 is the latest special fw.
Gdp is 5 fw's ago.

copier tech
07-28-2021, 06:00 PM
The OP requested the correct firmware that specifically addressed the smb2.0 issue which I posted.
I have no idea where you got that version from but it's not what was requested.
Plus he was trying mono fw not color.
Gdp fw is not the latest either
G20-m1 is latest base and gqw-m1 is the latest special fw.
Gdp is 5 fw's ago.

I just wanted to state that the Latest Firmware is GDP-M1

Synthohol
07-28-2021, 06:43 PM
Maybe across the great pond it is but gqw-m1 is the latest here in special fw.
Gdp is 5 versions ago from 2020.

Synthohol
07-28-2021, 06:56 PM
This is what I see.

copier tech
07-28-2021, 07:13 PM
Maybe across the great pond it is but gqw-m1 is the latest here in special fw.
Gdp is 5 versions ago from 2020.

Yes this has topic been discussed here before.

In the UK it's not called 'special firmware' simply an intermediate version before the mass production release.

ltdiniz
07-29-2021, 03:46 PM
[QUOTE = danbb; 1844490] Tenho tentado fazer com que um C284e receba um novo firmware e sempre encontro problemas. A corrente é G00-C8. Tentando fazer o flash GDB-M1 para resolver problemas com SMB1. O firmware SSD está em 6.03 atualmente, atualizado de 6.02. Eu tentei 4 drives flash diferentes, um de 1 gb, 2 gb, 4 gb e 8 gb, de vários fabricantes (literalmente, patriot e Sandisk). A máquina aceita 3 dessas unidades flash se eu tiver a atualização SSD nelas, mas se eu colocar os arquivos de atualização FW na raiz da unidade conforme as instruções, recebo um erro "esta é uma memória externa inválida". Tentei então usar o método de atualização do ISW, usando o arquivo em lote fornecido para criar um .tar e executando um servidor FTP. mas recebo um erro "falha ao obter informações do servidor de firmware" depois que o arquivo de firmware é baixado. Se eu tento baixar e instalar o firmware pela interface web, a máquina vai baixar a atualização, mostrar a nova versão como disponível, mas quando tenta instalar diz "arquivo não disponível no servidor de firmware". Posso verificar com o FileZilla se o arquivo foi realmente solicitado, baixado e se o cliente fechou a conexão depois que o download foi concluído em ambos os casos. Tentei reformatar o disco rígido e tive os mesmos problemas. Alguém aqui tem alguma ideia? Alguma razão para esta máquina não aceitar o novo firmware? [/ QUOTE] e que o cliente fechou a conexão após a conclusão do download em ambos os casos. Tentei reformatar o disco rígido e tive os mesmos problemas. Alguém aqui tem alguma ideia? Alguma razão para esta máquina não aceitar o novo firmware? [/ QUOTE] e que o cliente fechou a conexão após a conclusão do download em ambos os casos. Tentei reformatar o disco rígido e tive os mesmos problemas. Alguém aqui tem alguma ideia? Alguma razão para esta máquina não aceitar o novo firmware? [/ QUOTE]

Hello my dear!!!
Follow the attachments for help.
When unzipping the FW in the root of the pendriver, it also puts a folder with this name FWSelect (empty) in the root of the pendriver and the rest of the files unzipped like this print in an example.
I hope I helped the friend

Custom Search