PDA

View Full Version : Help Please, Problem with Streak in Image

Custom Search

Juxta5
12-01-2008, 11:51 PM
I am getting a streak on my magenta prints. All other colors are okay.

It is not the transfer belt, it is new. This should be easy, but something is eluding me... could it be a blade somewhere?

I've checked the drum and cannot see anything that would cause this problem. Below is a pic of what a 100% magenta tabloid page would print out as.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa165/juxta5/Konica.jpg

Suggestions are greatly appreciated!

copytechman
12-01-2008, 11:54 PM
What model of machine is this? Cleaned the LSU lens' if equipped or led lens?
Regards.
A.

Edit: Also have actually seen literally a hair obstructing the lens/leds light path causing this as well.

totoro
12-02-2008, 12:10 AM
I agree with the previous post. I have had a hair in the laser path that caused this on a C6500.

Techead42
12-02-2008, 12:52 AM
There's a troubleshooting guide that points to several possible causes of this definite void line; the LSU slit glass is definitely a good place to start, as foreign matter on this glass can cause the laser to 'lock' on the matter and reproduce as a void area...you might also want to look at the developer unit, specifically the mag roller...hold the DV unit in your hand and manually turn the mag roller..scan the roller as you do so, and check for a break in the flow of developer. There may be clumped up developer 'hiding' behind the doctor blade, causing the developer to back up behind and cause this void area.

You might also want to try running belt refresh.

Is this the only void line, or are there others? Does the void line change when running density check?

Juxta5
12-02-2008, 01:16 PM
What model of machine is this? Cleaned the LSU lens' if equipped or led lens?
Regards.
A.

Edit: Also have actually seen literally a hair obstructing the lens/leds light path causing this as well.
Oh sorry. ColorForce 8050.

Juxta5
12-11-2008, 03:21 PM
"There may be clumped up developer 'hiding' behind the doctor blade, causing the developer to back up behind and cause this void area."

Thank you for your responses, yes there was a clump of developer. :eek: Problem fixed and the output looks fantastic! Thank you again.

Custom Search