PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C452.. No network

Custom Search

Zesti
08-02-2021, 02:59 PM
I know many of you would have think WTF.... Got this C452 with a bad MFP board.... Had a complete set of boards from a dumped C452 and tried to salvage it for a pay per click job..... Made some mistake in putting boards but succeeded in make in working condition. Later noticed that the network is not functioning...no network port LEDs blinking... tried to flash NVRAM and it was not showing network reset option.. flashed with firmware C452_C552_C652_A0P00Y0-F000-GC6-C5 and the network was working fine...actually did some scanning... few hours later turned machine on to finalize and the network is not working again.... no LED's connection.... Any advice pl????
The network menu in Admin mode is showing and taking all settings...no ping from and to PC...

srvctec
08-02-2021, 03:27 PM
Do a clear all data in service mode. I've seen that fix this very problem on 4/4e machines but haven't tried it on older ones yet. Got that idea hear on CTN a couple years ago.

emujo2
08-02-2021, 04:19 PM
NICs are usually good or bad..not intermittent. I can offer a couple of sugessitons..1. if there is a battery backup on the MFP board replace it..2. In admin/network TCP, turn TCP off, cycle power, the TCP back on, cycle power. This will do a NIC reset (at some level). 3. take the NIC off auto negotiate and set it to 100M full duplex. 4 ensure you are using a cat 6 or 6a cable, CAT 7 or 8 might not work on such an old card.

Also, is there any sign of connectivity on the other end of the cable? (laptop, desktop, tester ect..) E

Zesti
08-06-2021, 12:03 PM
Couldn't figure out what happened, working fine now.....may be port was stuck or what, the network cable in use is permanently used to connect test copiers and still working with other copiers....But it did started working after reflashing FW....:confused::confused::confused:

Custom Search