PDA

View Full Version : C7000P "Now Adjusting"

Custom Search

printprocc
08-03-2021, 05:58 PM
Hello,
This machine starts fine but will not complete the "Warm Up" stage! Starts with "Warming up" then says "Now Adjusting, Please wait a while" but never completes the process. Stays like this indefinitely! 2 Fusers with machine and they both check out fine (upper bulbs especially). Checked and cleaned the image control assembly.

Before I forget to mention....NO ERROR CODES are tripped!!!!!!!!!!

Machine will not print! Also just noticed the Gamma Automatic Adjustment process does NOT complete...NO ERROR, just keeps going and going.

This machine has been flawless for a year with regular service.

Any ideas??

tulintron
08-03-2021, 08:59 PM
Hello,
This machine starts fine but will not complete the "Warm Up" stage! Starts with "Warming up" then says "Now Adjusting, Please wait a while" but never completes the process. Stays like this indefinitely! 2 Fusers with machine and they both check out fine (upper bulbs especially). Checked and cleaned the image control assembly.

Before I forget to mention....NO ERROR CODES are tripped!!!!!!!!!!

Machine will not print! Also just noticed the Gamma Automatic Adjustment process does NOT complete...NO ERROR, just keeps going and going.

This machine has been flawless for a year with regular service.

Any ideas??DIPSW 11-0 switch to ON. Restart the printer and see if there are any errors.
Enter Service Mode and observe the temperature sensors if they reach the ideal.

What accessories are connected to your printer?

printprocc
08-04-2021, 02:21 PM
DIPSW 11-0 switch to ON. Restart the printer and see if there are any errors.
Enter Service Mode and observe the temperature sensors if they reach the ideal.

What accessories are connected to your printer?

Thank you for the quick reply!! Please forgive me as I am new to KM machines.. I service Xerox machines and am doing a customer a favor.

No codes were given until I turned THAT DIP setting "OFF" Immediately received C-2421!!! I have already swapped coronas and drums so it is either the developer/housing or the drive assembly. I can freely turn the housing so I am leaning toward the drive assembly. Sound about right???

Paul

tulintron
08-04-2021, 02:28 PM
Thank you for the quick reply!! Please forgive me as I am new to KM machines.. I service Xerox machines and am doing a customer a favor.

No codes were given until I turned THAT DIP setting "OFF" Immediately received C-2421!!! I have already swapped coronas and drums so it is either the developer/housing or the drive assembly. I can freely turn the housing so I am leaning toward the drive assembly. Sound about right???

PaulI respect your Xerox knowledge, but if it's not enough for Konica, I suggest calling a technician.Error 2421 is indeed related to developer, but it may have other parameters behind causing the problem, such as bad closing of the processing unit, among others.
There is a reading error regarding the percentage of toner in this situation.
Tell me about the useful life of consumables.

printprocc
08-04-2021, 03:01 PM
Long story SHORT..... These folks have switched back to Xerox equipment and only have this one KM device left over. They had a KM tech who has been servicing this machine but they had to stop using him as he retired.
That being said, what I physically see is a lot of yellow toner on the imaging belt and surrounding areas after only a boot up. Life counters tell me this housing is at 84% yet the developer is nearly new. Short of changing everything to new, maybe a new TCR sensor??
I will check the processing unit drawer and see if anything is blocking the contacts and such. Will be there in an hour or so.

Thank you for your insight!
Paul

Toxic
08-04-2021, 03:23 PM
I would check Toner Density Sensor Output values and try print some solid patterns for each color from SM.

tulintron
08-04-2021, 03:29 PM
Long story SHORT..... These folks have switched back to Xerox equipment and only have this one KM device left over. They had a KM tech who has been servicing this machine but they had to stop using him as he retired.
That being said, what I physically see is a lot of yellow toner on the imaging belt and surrounding areas after only a boot up. Life counters tell me this housing is at 84% yet the developer is nearly new. Short of changing everything to new, maybe a new TCR sensor??
I will check the processing unit drawer and see if anything is blocking the contacts and such. Will be there in an hour or so.

Thank you for your insight!
PaulToner on the belt is due to wear of the seals in the belt cleaning unit. This would not cause errors. Perhaps this toner leakage may have contaminated the gamma sensor, which is located just below the belt unit cleaning, but in the chassis, in the printer body, from the inside.

You can check the toner levels, as Toxic above said and if you are out, try to reach the ideal with some adjustments.

But it would become a book writing all this around here.

I hope to help in some way

Paul also

printprocc
08-04-2021, 03:33 PM
Thank you to you both!!! I will reply back with what I find.
Paul

Toxic
08-04-2021, 08:26 PM
Agreed with Tulintron and toner spilling could be also from yellow developing unit overtoning if toner is all over inside, not just arround belt cleaner seals.
If you have lower value Toner Density Sensor Output (arround 120-130 is ok) try to output 20 large paper full coverage yellow and check density after that.

Custom Search