PDA

View Full Version : di3510 jam reset

Custom Search

repeatcopiers
12-02-2008, 06:26 PM
We have a di3510 in the field that is almost impossible to get the jam code to reset. We've replaced the sensor inside the front door and still have to open and close covers numerous times, even turn it on and off a few times before it finally resets after removing the paper. Any ideas before I take up my techs entire day to figure it out. Thanks for any suggestions. Also, we only have about 4 of these in the field, but another common problem we have is the finisher going too high and giving a code. It's no problem fixing but what the heck keeps causing this?

fixthecopier
12-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Couple of things to look for. On the jam, you need to give more info. If it is in the fuser, I have had photo cells go bad from the heat, also , if it has a finisher, check the spring around the actuator in the switchback unit. If it comes loose it will cause problems. As for your sorter code, it over travels when the top tray fails to make the actuator that is right under the opening in the finisher. Is the tray screwed in? That is the most common cause of that code. If there are no screws in the tray, someone can bump it and move it just a little and it will overrun.

TheOwl
12-02-2008, 11:30 PM
I have also had sensors go bad in the bridge unit (horizontal transport). It was common on the Di251 / 351's as well when they started to get old.

Best bet is to go into the Tech Rep mode and do a sensor check and see if the the machine reports the sensor going high and low. Maybe even go through all the sensors and make sure that nothing is sticking.

zaza
12-03-2008, 12:02 AM
I have also had sensors go bad in the bridge unit (horizontal transport). It was common on the Di251 / 351's as well when they started to get old.

Best bet is to go into the Tech Rep mode and do a sensor check and see if the the machine reports the sensor going high and low. Maybe even go through all the sensors and make sure that nothing is sticking.
well dear technician 100/100 you have some bad sonsor in this copiers ...or any sonsor is open because he affiched jam code ...other somthing you verified the cart control of PCB is must changed....:(

Custom Search