PDA

View Full Version : Latest&Greatest bizhub Color machines, Searchable PDF's

Custom Search

Hansoon
08-05-2021, 01:18 PM
Guys, are the Latest&Greatest bizhub Color machines also that much slow in making searchable PDF's?
Are the newer generations much faster or is it more or less the same?
Any tricks besides reducing the resolution to speed up the process?

Hans

Hansoon
08-06-2021, 06:16 PM
* AHEM *

:p

Anyone please?

Hans

emujo2
08-06-2021, 06:24 PM
The slowdowns associated with the older machines seem to have gone away..We sell a lot of these licenses and no complaints since the 8 series. E

Hansoon
08-06-2021, 06:36 PM
The slowdowns associated with the older machines seem to have gone away..We sell a lot of these licenses and no complaints since the 8 series. E

Thanks emujo, how'bout the 4e Series compared to the C-280/360?

Hans

emujo2
08-06-2021, 06:46 PM
Very noticeable when scanning large jobs or when trying to print at the same time..I think the 8 series got it right. E

rrrohan
08-08-2021, 03:31 AM
i still rather setup omnipage or similar. scan to a watched folder then output to a final folder once completed

kingpd@businessprints.net
08-08-2021, 07:52 AM
Honestly, I'm not sure, but I use a pretty old production printer as my network scanner and it's def. faster to process the pdf files on a pc. If you have the nicety of having say an 8 core cpu pc, definitely just batch process them on the pc and it will be so much faster. I think Adobe X or later def. does the batch OCR processing, then I verify my page scans and manually rename the files and put them in established network folders. I found it much easier than creating the file names on the machine, unless perhaps you have a full keyboard on your machine. But I still let the machine autoname them when scanned so they are in the right order when I do page verifications.

Hansoon
08-08-2021, 10:19 AM
i still rather setup omnipage or similar. scan to a watched folder then output to a final folder once completed

That's my approach since years too, but this particular customer has different views on the matter. Cannot understand why.

Here we have a small piece of software doing exactly what we want. Listening in a dedicated folder for incoming scans and doing than a perfect OCR producing searchable PDF/a files. The customer wants the MFP doing that. He's a cheapo trying to avoid the one time license fee for that software.

Hans

Custom Search