PDA

View Full Version : Electrical bizhub C3350i won't take firmware update.

Custom Search

mike_hartung
08-05-2021, 06:27 PM
So I am setting up a konica minolta bizhub C3350i. The machine comes with a usb memory drive with firmware on it and a sheet that states this firmware update must be done. So I follow the instructions to the letter and wait and wait but nothing happens. The firmware update screen never appears and the machine is stuck in 25% boot screen. So I remove the usb drive and reboot the machine and the machine comes on just fine. Why does the machine not take the firmware? This is the second machine I have had this problem. The last one I just delivered to the customer with the old firmware on it. Of course I see a problem down the road after all. What am I doing wrong that these machines will not take the firmware. I have tried other usb drives and other firmware levels and still i cannot get it to take. Running a self diagnostics everything is ok. Need help please!!!

Synthohol
08-05-2021, 06:39 PM
Silly question, are you holding the stop button while powering it on to tell it to look for the USB firmware?
The tiny red spotted button behind the CP I mean under the tiny cover.
The stick should have just a folder called fw00022 and that's what belongs on the root of the drive.
If there is anything other than that folder on the root it's a stick that was written wrong.

mike_hartung
08-05-2021, 06:46 PM
Silly question, are you holding the stop button while powering it on to tell it to look for the USB firmware?
The tiny red spotted button behind the CP I mean under the tiny cover.
Yes of course I am. I said I have followed the instructions to the letter.

copier tech
08-05-2021, 07:23 PM
So I am setting up a konica minolta bizhub C3350i. The machine comes with a usb memory drive with firmware on it and a sheet that states this firmware update must be done. So I follow the instructions to the letter and wait and wait but nothing happens. The firmware update screen never appears and the machine is stuck in 25% boot screen. So I remove the usb drive and reboot the machine and the machine comes on just fine. Why does the machine not take the firmware? This is the second machine I have had this problem. The last one I just delivered to the customer with the old firmware on it. Of course I see a problem down the road after all. What am I doing wrong that these machines will not take the firmware. I have tried other usb drives and other firmware levels and still i cannot get it to take. Running a self diagnostics everything is ok. Need help please!!!

Seen this a few times with the i series. It can take a few attempts, power off/back on & start the process again maybe the 3rd time it starts the update OK.

I always format my USB pens in Windows however this is not recommended, see attached.

mike_hartung
08-05-2021, 08:50 PM
Seen this a few times with the i series. It can take a few attempts, power off/back on & start the process again maybe the 3rd time it starts the update OK.

I always format my USB pens in Windows however this is not recommended, see attached.

Unbelievable I must of tried the firmware update 3 of 4 times with no luck. I just tried it agian and VIOLA it took! Thanks very much!!!!

emujo2
08-05-2021, 09:11 PM
Most machines work better if you carry a hatchet with you...

tsbservice
08-05-2021, 10:35 PM
Usually not in need to carry heavy tools. Most of the customers(and machines) seems to be scary enough of my ugly face ;)

ltdiniz
08-05-2021, 11:07 PM
Hello my dear!!!
Follow the attachments for help.
When unzipping the FW in the root of the pendriver FW0022, inside the folder FW0022 it also puts a folder with this name FWSelect (empty) in the root of the pendriver with the rest of the files unzipped like this print in an example.
I hope I helped the friend

Custom Search