PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C3110 shows replace k toner

Custom Search

copier tech
08-07-2021, 09:44 PM
As the title says i'm fighting this issue, machine displayed empty K toner I replaced with a new one but the message remains.

I took out all the toners & IU's cleaned all contacts, updated the firmware no luck.

No Idea how to proceed with this one!?

blackcat4866
08-07-2021, 09:50 PM
What have you done so far? =^..^=

tsbservice
08-07-2021, 09:56 PM
Black toner was empty indeed before replacement? Whaf about consumables life?

copier tech
08-08-2021, 10:19 AM
What have you done so far? =^..^=

I replaced with a new one but the message remains.

I took out all the toners & IU's cleaned all contacts, updated the firmware no luck.

copier tech
08-08-2021, 10:22 AM
Black toner was empty indeed before replacement? Whaf about consumables life?

Yes the first K toner was empty so fitted a new one, message didn't change.

I can't print off the IU life consumable counter list with the empty K toner message so I was wondering if the K IU was at end of life could this stop the K toner empty message from clearing?

tsbservice
08-08-2021, 02:14 PM
I would try to use ENGINE DIPSW 28, set this to 1 to force clear toner empty state, then return it to 0.
At first you will need to enable ENGINE DIPSW via soft switch 59, set this to 1.

blackcat4866
08-08-2021, 02:24 PM
Can you manually trickle some toner from the new cartridge, by turning the coupler? Some of the seal may remain, or the drive may be broken, or the toner may be fused in the toner cartridge. I think I'd start there before looking at the machine, especially if it consumed the previous cartridge correctly. =^..^=

REGSIS
08-08-2021, 05:44 PM
Yes the first K toner was empty so fitted a new one, message didn't change.

I can't print off the IU life consumable counter list with the empty K toner message so I was wondering if the K IU was at end of life could this stop the K toner empty message from clearing?

Possibly yes, but any other error/jam can also prevent K toner empty from clearing.
I had a case like you. Customer was also pulling out the fuser and didn't put it back all the way in (back side). Somehow the door was closed (front side).

I had to re-seat the fuser first, and then toner empty was cleared.

memet
08-08-2021, 05:51 PM
As the title says i'm fighting this issue, machine displayed empty K toner I replaced with a new one but the message remains.

No Idea how to proceed with this one!?Can you spin the toner bottle yourself?

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

copier tech
08-08-2021, 06:44 PM
I would try to use ENGINE DIPSW 28, set this to 1 to force clear toner empty state, then return it to 0.
At first you will need to enable ENGINE DIPSW via soft switch 59, set this to 1.

Thanks I wasn’t aware this Mickey mouse model had engine SW settings.

Usually when I fit a new toner the machine will run for a minute or so while it adds toner. However mine will just rotate for 2 seconds before displaying add K toner.

copier tech
08-08-2021, 06:45 PM
Can you spin the toner bottle yourself?

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Yes I can easily turn the K toner bottle.

bazylius
08-09-2021, 11:56 AM
Replace chip, should be fine.

Some customers touch chip when they`re changing toner. Its only 63mA i think ;)

Love plastic floor and wool sweater...

byronf
08-12-2021, 07:10 PM

No Idea how to proceed with this one!?

Hi,
This is a region issue, what are he first four digits of the serial number of your machine?

mattcoop11
08-17-2021, 10:26 PM
Have you checked “New release mode” in service as this will cause issues when new toners are replaced.

It should be set on “New Release Mode”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

copier tech
08-18-2021, 06:23 AM
I sent this client a new set of toners this seems to have resolved the issue. Thanks all.

allan
08-18-2021, 05:26 PM
Hi,
This is a region issue, what are he first four digits of the serial number of your machine?

Had this before on a C35. Not sure if the C3110 use a 6pin chip or only a fuse to rest the count. Recall replacing the fuses to reset the toner count.

copier tech
08-18-2021, 07:25 PM
Had this before on a C35. Not sure if the C3110 use a 6pin chip or only a fuse to rest the count. Recall replacing the fuses to reset the toner count.

They use a chip, they look a bit like the ones on say the C224 drums.

Hansoon
08-19-2021, 06:46 AM
Had one yesterday, a BH-C-3110, calling suddenly for magenta replacement though the cartridge was still halffull. Had to replace the chip.
BTW: The fuse on the chip can be tricked out with a standard picofuse. The cartridge has to be cut out a little to make room for the fuse.

Hans

jwai
09-08-2021, 05:10 PM

As I checked C35 too, however it seems don't have.

jwai
02-24-2022, 12:38 PM
BTW, toner chip for C3100P can be used on C3110 and work properly?

Synthohol
02-24-2022, 01:55 PM
can be reset with engine dip sw 28.
(6) Choice of toner empty recovery mode
• By executing this function, the New release of a toner cartridge can be executed forcibly when a new toner cartridge is not detected for
some reason.
• 0: Not to execute (default)
• 1: Execute
NOTE
• Be sure to set back to “0” after release an empty status

Sysco
02-25-2022, 12:36 PM
I have same problem earlier, and I don't know the right answer.
I changed the toner to another and it's gone.
I think the KM and Develop toner made in same place just only the chip is
different.
So I think it's not an KM toner it's a develop and thay not compatible.
Try to change toner to original KM toner, but it's not garantie, bacause
I remember when i run this problem the package is same to the original.
So change toner and be hope.

Oystercopy
06-22-2022, 07:36 PM
I've had this issue on MANY machines and have performed all the suggested settings/changes and what not. New Toner cartridge ALONG WITH a new Black IU, softswitch forced to Clear, etc, etc.
Nothing has ever solved this issue for me and I've had to trash machines as a result.

I suspected that maybe this was a Low Voltage Power Supply issue, where the 5v logic line might be low, but no one has ever confirmed or denied that.

It would be nice to know if someone has actually found the ROOT CAUSE of this K Toner issue and let the rest of us know.
OC

Old_Tech
06-22-2022, 11:20 PM
I've had this issue on MANY machines and have performed all the suggested settings/changes and what not. New Toner cartridge ALONG WITH a new Black IU, softswitch forced to Clear, etc, etc.
Nothing has ever solved this issue for me and I've had to trash machines as a result.

I suspected that maybe this was a Low Voltage Power Supply issue, where the 5v logic line might be low, but no one has ever confirmed or denied that.

It would be nice to know if someone has actually found the ROOT CAUSE of this K Toner issue and let the rest of us know.
OC

I have had this problem myself and it was resolved by allowing the New Release by User replacement. By default it is set for Service reset only.

Custom Search