PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous KIP 800 Series MFP?--skewing and scaling

Custom Search

pbrooks259
08-09-2021, 08:12 PM
KIP 800 Series MFP?--does anyone know much about this machine in regard to skewing and scaling? I have never worked on a KIP. Not sure whether it is 850, 860, 870, or.... I have not seen the machine--it is about 500 miles away. Trying to go with plan to remedy.

A customer is having a problem with the prints being skewed. My first thought is that the drive roller is pulling more on one side than the other side, so clean the drive roller--BUT, it is a "new" machine so it should not be too affected by usage. ....maybe the roll is being fed unevenly....

Scaling...I have no real idea. Apparently they are unable to get printed items to 100% scale. I would think that would be done in software or possibly the KIP front panel. But I would assume they have set to "no scaling" or 100% scale or whatever. I have no idea presently on this except to tinker with scaling settings.

I have read that leveling these is critical--well, in one instance "out of level" resulted in torn belt.

I might hit a KIP forum if exists...I'm not an authorized reseller. This customer is dissatisfied with Konica Minolta?'s customer service. They say they have complained and had service but no resolution. Maybe customer service is thinking user error.

Thanks for any input.

tsbservice
08-09-2021, 09:09 PM
Never trust a customer. Never. You should use indy tech to go and see machine(if possible) or go to that customer yourself.

pbrooks259
08-09-2021, 09:16 PM
Does Indy Tech have a Nashville, TN office?

tsbservice
08-09-2021, 09:30 PM
Well I really dunno but 1/2 a million city sounds like good starting point. We use colleagues/Indy whenever it's possible to avoid unnecessary trips :)
Of course KIP is highly specialized brand but any wide format machines tech should be more than capable of basic troubleshooting.

blackcat4866
08-10-2021, 01:15 AM
I haven't worked on the Kip 800 series either, but I can contribute a few things:

It's extremely unusual to have paper skewing on a roll paper machine. Any paper skewing results in oddly shaped image voids, where the paper pulls away from the drum ... and wrinkles. And I think the enduser would probably have mentioned those things. Were I to take a wild guess, I'd guess that it's a scanning skew issue, there the scan preceding the copy may have a skew and quite possibly a size difference.

But like tsbservice says, you should be skeptical of everything the enduser tells you. At least half of what they tell you will be inaccurate. =^..^=

pbrooks259
08-10-2021, 02:28 AM
Blackcat4866, thanks for your input. I will check with the customer.

pbrooks259
08-10-2021, 01:57 PM
Blackcat4866: Do you then think this could be resolved by a scanner calibration? I assume you do.

Does anyone know of a KIP forum to which I could post? I'm not a dealer, simply a self-employed tech. I can't seem to sign up for this one for some reason:

KIP Dealer Forums (https://dealerforum.kip.com/)

Apparently only for dealers.

Thanks

aazim
08-10-2021, 02:55 PM
KeepItPrinting.com :: Index (http://www.kipforum.org/index.php)

pbrooks259
08-10-2021, 04:00 PM
Aazim: thanks for the link to keepitprinting.com

....I thought that was a site for keeping old printers working, maybe it's that too.

blackcat4866
08-10-2021, 09:48 PM
Similar scanner:

Custom Search