PDA

View Full Version : Pagescope data administrator and account track, 8 series

Custom Search

copytechman
08-13-2021, 12:32 PM
I've run into an issue data admin not working on 8 series (multiple models) if they are upgraded past the w8 firmware (iirc). I haven't had the time to hunt down through a Jillion special firmwares across multiple models. Any thoughts? Also on w8 using account track data admin doesn't work proper with the device if you delete codes in the middle. You'll start to get duplicate code errors when downloading (but the device itself shows proper). Any thoughts from you knowledgeable bunch?

Regards!

A!

tsbservice
08-13-2021, 12:51 PM
Are you using latest version of PSDA - 4.1.48000?

emujo2
08-13-2021, 02:08 PM
Agree, the main reason PSDA wont connect is it's not updated. New firmware should not be a problem unless you have failed to match the function version softswitch. E

copytechman
08-14-2021, 03:26 PM
Are you using latest version of PSDA - 4.1.48000?

Yes, unless there's a newer version now.

Regards. A.

copytechman
08-14-2021, 03:29 PM
Agree, the main reason PSDA wont connect is it's not updated. New firmware should not be a problem unless you have failed to match the function version softswitch. E

I don't mess with the function version on the device unless there's a problem, and these were 2 different devices. Should the 8 series always be set to the highest function version? I haven't run into that otherwise.

Regards!
A.

Synthohol
08-14-2021, 03:31 PM
IShould the 8 series always be set to the highest function version?

yes. B0 i believe.

copytechman
08-14-2021, 03:51 PM
yes. B0 i believe.

Good to know, I'll give that a go next time I have to cross paths with pagescope again!

Kind regardsA.

Synthohol
08-14-2021, 04:32 PM
the website layout with the new version im not a big fan of but it looks more mature than the pastel kindergarten one we have seen for over a decade.

copytechman
08-14-2021, 05:08 PM
the website layout with the new version im not a big fan of but it looks more mature than the pastel kindergarten one we have seen for over a decade.

LOL! I hear ya!

A.

tsbservice
08-14-2021, 05:08 PM
I don't mess with the function version on the device unless there's a problem, and these were 2 different devices. Should the 8 series always be set to the highest function version? I haven't run into that otherwise.

Regards!
A.

Should be 4.2 function version. B0 as Synt mentioned. Strange things may happen when firmware is updated without matching switch 25.
Good luck

copytechman
08-14-2021, 05:59 PM
Should be 4.2 function version. B0 as Synt mentioned. Strange things may happen when firmware is updated without matching switch 25.
Good luck

Duly noted, thanks kindly, thus far the only anomaly i have seen is the inability of pagescope data admin to work with the latest firmware of the device, nothing more. Aside from the account track issue on the older firmware that is (which is hard to say if device or data admin)

Thx so much
A.

srvctec
08-17-2021, 05:17 PM
Just another thing to add in case some aren't aware; after updating F/W and then changing SW25 to the appropriate value notated in the accompanying pdf, make sure to power down the machine with the main power switch. If you don't the SW25 change doesn't take hold and you'll have the aforementioned issues of not changing SW25 in the first place. That one bit me hard once and I've never forgotten it.

tsbservice
08-17-2021, 07:02 PM
Just another thing to add in case some aren't aware; after updating F/W and then changing SW25 to the appropriate value notated in the accompanying pdf, make sure to power down the machine with the main power switch. If you don't the SW25 change doesn't take hold and you'll have the aforementioned issues of not changing SW25 in the first place. That one bit me hard once and I've never forgotten it.

I'm relatively freshman regarding Konicas but I learned from the start to never change anything in service mode without cold reboot(from the power switch). Doesn't matter it's needed or not(as per manual) my rule of thumb is - reboot is always good :)

strider5555
08-17-2021, 08:12 PM
Had this same issue with 8 series and B227/287. After updating beyond W5 firmware always got failed to import error on data administrator. Sw 25 was set correctly, latest version of PSDA. What I ended up doing was a data clear and restoring the machine to factory, then setting it up from scratch. Not so very convenient if it is on a customer site. KM released a KB article about this, to set SW 172 to Hex 01. This fixed the issue for me when I couldn't do a data clear in the field.

copytechman
08-17-2021, 10:51 PM
Had this same issue with 8 series and B227/287. After updating beyond W5 firmware always got failed to import error on data administrator. Sw 25 was set correctly, latest version of PSDA. What I ended up doing was a data clear and restoring the machine to factory, then setting it up from scratch. Not so very convenient if it is on a customer site. KM released a KB article about this, to set SW 172 to Hex 01. This fixed the issue for me when I couldn't do a data clear in the field.

I’ll make a note about this and check it out !

Thanks again everyone!

copytechman
08-17-2021, 10:53 PM
I’ll make a note about this and check it out !

Thanks again everyone!

Looked up 172, has to with turning marketplace off . How would this interfere with data admin I wonder?

regards !
a.

copytechman
07-25-2022, 09:02 PM
Looked up 172, has to with turning marketplace off . How would this interfere with data admin I wonder?

regards !
a.

I know this is old now but setting that specific dpsw 172 to 1 worked! Function version I set to B0 first without any change.

Thanks very much!

A!

Custom Search