PDA

View Full Version : Sam4s 5115 Reports

Custom Search

patrick
12-04-2008, 01:56 AM
I have a customer who would like a 10 subtotal (in x mode) and a Z1 Financial report rolled into one. Is there any way to make this happen. It would be very helpful.

Pat

JustManuals
12-04-2008, 05:04 AM
Almost anything is possible, but you'll need the programming manual at the very least to do this.

Paul@justmanuals.com

patrick
12-04-2008, 02:15 PM
I have the Manuel, I got the machine new. How do I get the report she wants?

dbrownlee
12-04-2008, 04:10 PM
As I recall you cant set up custom reports on this model, but I have used a macro key and assigned it all the reports, so they just have to turn the key to x or z, then press the appropriate macro key.

patrick
12-05-2008, 01:01 AM
I think I will do the Macro thing, I talked to John Ivens at CRS today and that is what he recommended as well. Is this an easy thing to program? I'm kind of new at this programing thing. Thank you for all of your help.

Pat

dbrownlee
12-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Yep. it's easy. Just go to the macro programming code (it's in the book, page 150 or so), and record the keystrokes necessary to generate the reports. Then the customer just has to turn the key to x or z and press the appropriate macro key, which you can label reports. You cant mix up x- only reports and z reports, because they will have to physically turn the key between x and z. If you run an x-10 report and an x-1 report on that macro, you'll get the same information, just the totals won't be reset, so they will still have to run a z- report to reset totals. If the machine is told to run a x-report with the keyswitch in the z position, it's going to error out.

patrick
12-05-2008, 02:24 PM
So, If the information she needs is an x10 subtotal and then a z1 subtotal to reset, could she get the same info from a z10 subtotal and the z1 subtotal to reset and just program that into the macro setting for a z?

dbrownlee
12-05-2008, 02:48 PM
No, look at the list of reports in the handbook, there is no z10 report, only an x10. So to get the info you'll have to do a macro with an x10 and x1. That gives all the info, but doesn't reset any totals, just reads them. To reset the totals, they have to do z reports. Remember x reports just read the various totals (i.e. for end of shift or middle of day). Z reports read the totals and reset them (end of the day or period.) You might want to sit down with the book, machine, and coffee and start playing with it, so you can see how it really works. You can always do a hard reset to clear anything you program in and start fresh to get it ready for the customer.

Custom Search