PDA

View Full Version : konica minolta di 5510 jam issue

Custom Search

brent
12-04-2008, 04:32 AM
I have an issue with one of my 5510's it has 1.4m copies. it only jams while using tray 1 through the horizontal conveyance section. so I open the drawer2 then open that conveyance section and the jam is in the pinch of the second roller. all the time. so I replaced both clutches that runs that section. and it did jam less frequent. but still I can't make 40 copies and it will always jam there. minolta reccomended that I clean that shaft and replace the clutches. and I have replaced those clutches twice. now I have the shaft on order as a last ditch effort. has anyone ran across this problem before? thanks
brent

fixthecopier
12-04-2008, 12:04 PM
I do not want to insult your skill as a tech by asking the obvious question, but I have seen our techs do it, or not do it, did you change the reversing roller under the main feed roller? Did you try to swap out the feed assemblies with the other trays to see if you moved your problem? If you move the feed assembly and the problem is still there, look at things like the lift in the tray. Does it get in a bind? Check that and let us know.

mrfixit
12-04-2008, 12:18 PM
check your sensor actuator arms in that area, it is common for them to develop paper cuts that cause jamming intermittently.

brent
12-04-2008, 03:19 PM
I don't get offended about troubleshooting. I have missed some things in the past. but I did change out the whole feed system in tray 1. the problem is not there. the paper clearly leaves tray 1 and gets stuck in the horizontal conveyance section that sits above tray 2. the problem acts like it gets right into the second roller in that unit and stops cold. right in the pinch. so clearly that second clutch is not picking up the paper. all the sensors seem to function ok. as it will work sometimes as well. so again it is not in the paper trays at all. it is in that little transport above tray 2. I have swapped out that tray as well. played with both clutches. I am down to the clutches and shafts. I was hoping that I had missed somethings. but like with all problems I may just not see the obvious. thanks
brent

labish
04-18-2009, 06:17 AM
The post is old and maybe history but we are here to talk about troubleshooting. The only difference is the loop of the paper from a tray to another and the the sensor before the registration roller can not read it properly. It is obvious that is not a tray path problem so try a different angle. What I do if the paper size is ok put legal or 11x17 in both tray and look at the loop. Short paper go fast and is difficult to see it. Good Luck.

brent
04-18-2009, 03:48 PM
The post is old and maybe history but we are here to talk about troubleshooting. The only difference is the loop of the paper from a tray to another and the the sensor before the registration roller can not read it properly. It is obvious that is not a tray path problem so try a different angle. What I do if the paper size is ok put legal or 11x17 in both tray and look at the loop. Short paper go fast and is difficult to see it. Good Luck.
labish. there is a unit that I replaced that fixed it. plus you can not put legal or 11 by 17 in the fist drawer. remember this is a 5510 with trays one and two fixed. soo you are stuck with only letter in those trays. I replaced the entire drive assembly that runs the horizontal bypass unit. and it only works when you use tray one. later

brent

labish
04-18-2009, 04:20 PM
Oops my mistake this is the same with Bizhub 600 two doors and top double letter size tray. I found in the assembly that you talk about 2 one way bearing gears (torrington ) that after a while start making problems maybe you can save the unit and replace only the gears. I had a customer that used a lot the bypass for heavy paper and kill this assembly. Also on the shaft of the drive motor for the paper feed is another gear like that. This machine is not for a high volume and we had one at a very busy customer Maiboxes etc and almost every second day they called service. Dev unit did not pass the 20 k and became faded so the machine can not keep up the toner and the fuser sponge roller became soft like a plasteline not to mention the drive gears for the fuser. This machine was sold to a school board in Calgary by a local dealer and is not the right place to be. My favourite Konica was 750 and to put 6 millions copies on it in a printing shop was a big volume. It's a good machine when is working but the parts are very expensive. At Mailboxes the customer found a doctor that came with 11-17 heavy paper feed from bypass more like a stock paper hard and heavy and killed not only the unit you talk about but bent the S/T corona unit and scratched the drum. Ordering a new corona unit the price was scary. Another big challange on this machine is to adjust de finisher stapler but this is another story. Have fun and keep the customer happy.

Custom Search