PDA

View Full Version : konica minolta 558e doc feeder intermittent jams

Custom Search

brent
08-20-2021, 05:46 PM
as stated above. just intermittent jams.. I rebuilt the feed sep take up etc tires with new oem.. it was really only happening during scanning since it scans faster when scanning then just scaning to make copies.. well now its really acting up.. all rollers are clean and new it just stops.. I can get the jam code when I get back down there.. any ideas? thanks all

brent

byronf
08-20-2021, 05:47 PM
as stated above. just intermittent jams.. I rebuilt the feed sep take up etc tires with new oem.. it was really only happening during scanning since it scans faster when scanning then just scaning to make copies.. well now its really acting up.. all rollers are clean and new it just stops.. I can get the jam code when I get back down there.. any ideas? thanks all

brent

Jam Code?

copyman
08-20-2021, 05:51 PM
Look for bent / torn mylar guides in paper path. I just had a few DF701's recently where there was a small tear on the thin black mylar guide and the small piece was catching paper causing intermittent jams. Just cut the torn / bent piece off with razor blade.

brent
08-20-2021, 06:08 PM
Look for bent / torn mylar guides in paper path. I just had a few DF701's recently where there was a small tear on the thin black mylar guide and the small piece was catching paper causing intermittent jams. Just cut the torn / bent piece off with razor blade.
this is the single feed doc feeder of course.. and the paper just stops. I will get the jam code and go from there.. nothing is just preventing it from going through it just stops mid streem it seems

brent

brent
08-20-2021, 06:58 PM
ok the jam codes are as follows 66-02 114 jams 66-03 255 jams 66-33 41jams
so It seems its all over the board. all new feed tires oem as well

brent

tech51
08-20-2021, 07:29 PM
ok the jam codes are as follows 66-02 114 jams 66-03 255 (tel:66-03 255) jams 66-33 41jams

brent
If I remember correctly, these have two reflective sensors just below the feed rollers. Are they clean?

brent
08-20-2021, 09:04 PM
hoping to get back to it early next week.. then ill put the hammer down.. thanks everyone

brent

blackcat4866
08-21-2021, 12:14 AM
ok the jam codes are as follows 66-02 114 jams 66-03 255 jams 66-33 41jams

brent

I usually address misfeeds statistically, since you can't always address 15 different jam codes. So the highest first:

66-03 (225):
I've seen this exact combination of (3) jam codes, and it drove me nuts for a few weeks. The enduser had printed a couple thousand heavy fill monochrome cover sheets on the Kyocera ECOSYS FS-4300DN. This particular printer had a fusing issue, and the toner would wipe right off of the originals ... right onto the DF rollers. So I could clean the rollers, then feed thousands of originals flawlessly ... until the enduser loaded up another set with the cover sheet on top and re-contaminated my rollers 15 minutes after I left. The worst thing about this is that even after I had figured it out, the enduser refused to throw away these cover sheets. So I was cleaning DF rollers almost daily for 8 weeks.

66-02 (114):
For this code I imagine that I rushed through a roller install, and did not get the separation spring in there perfectly vertical.

If you also see C8106, the lever in the original tray that lifts the stack of originals can break (A782 5611 15). IIRC, I MacGuyvered this one successfully.

66-33 (41):
Dusty registration sensor PS5

Separation spring out of position like above.
=^..^=

copyman
08-21-2021, 02:31 AM
No sure if i understood you but if paper is stopping same place every time look at the mylar guides, dual scan feeder and regular feeder both have these guides and if feeder used enough will get torn causing jams.

Even if this isn't your problem it may help others. I've seen it several times so worth mentioning.

tmmdmmm
08-21-2021, 03:24 AM
I've had quite a few of these ship with the top not latching down low enough, usually a 66-02. At this point the first thing I try is putting a little pressure on the top door and seeing if it feeds better

allan
08-21-2021, 02:21 PM
As with BC i also had it that the separation spring is not installed in its place or not adjusted correctly. Had a similar problem where the user will print a set of originals with an inkjet and scanned the document while the ink is not completely dry.

Custom Search