PDA

View Full Version : Darker black

Custom Search

rrrohan
08-23-2021, 04:34 AM
Just upgrade a customer from C368 to C360i and the blacks dont look very dark by comparison.

If I print Black 255 it looks bit washed out but compared it to another C360i and it seems like its normal.

If I do 4 colour combination or Black 4PC it looks great.

Is there a HEX colour code that is a mixture of CYMK I can provide customer with to use in InDesign?
Or some other setting. Ive never really played with colour profiles in applications before so bit out of my league on this.

Plus i dont have InDesign to test with in our workshop so all is trial and error on site.

Sadly the IT was to efficient and has already deleted the old cue so cant compare driver settings to see if there is any differences.
No changed to colour density were applied in Expert Adjustments on copier I checked that

tsbservice
08-23-2021, 06:47 AM
Have not tried it yet but...

So I'm still fine tuning my C650i install. The customer can definitely tell the difference in the color quality, and there's actually bulletins that explain why. Basically, the color output is much lighter than the E series (and probably the 8 series). Here is the text from KBA0056335. I went ahead and changed bit 6 on switch 153 and it appeared to make a difference, I just have no idea what changes are made in the machine after making this change. Is anyone else having to tweak the color output on these new i series machines to look like the older Konica models that came before it?

Reference
When comparing the color output from previous generation machines the bizhub i series machines
appear lighter.
The conventional color reproduction is directed at a primary color being clear, with the new i series
machines the emphasis is on memory color, the new memory color is directed to produce a bright color
reproduction.
The following can be changed to enhance the color outputs of the i series machines.
1. Under color settings in the Image Quality Settings can be changed
a. Utility/Printer settings/basic settings
b. Quality Tab in the PCL driver
2. Change software switch 153 enable bit 6 by performing the following
a. Select Utility/Counter
b. Press Stop 00, Stop 01
c. If prompted enter CE password 9272 4 times
d. Select System 2
e. Select Software Switch Settings

Here's another setting that might help:

Problem
The color tone may be different than previous models when printing from the PCL driver.
Solution
CAUSE: Specification, due to the change with IT5 and IT6 machines, the printing method of black image
data except Photo mode has been modified
SOLUTION: Perform the following.
1. Open Quality from the printer driver
2. Click Quality adjustment
3. Click other and set [Pure Black] to OFF
Notes:
1. By setting the above to OFF the machines will print in rich black (4C) with the setting set to ON the
machine will print in pure black (K 1100%)
2. The previous models print with 4C (rich black) which use all CMYK toners. In contrast the subjected
current models print pure black (K 100%) to help save toner consumption.
i series color vs E series color (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/155562-i-series-color-vs-e-series-color.html)

rrrohan
08-23-2021, 06:55 AM
Thanks sounds like it could help I'll let you know

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Cantechman
08-24-2021, 02:12 PM
Thanks sounds like it could help I'll let you know

Those settings do work, i set that switch with every new i series install i do.

allan
08-24-2021, 03:44 PM
You can always try to tweak image quality adjustments like TCR level, image density and image background adjustment.

TCR to +1
ID to +1
Background adj to drop charge voltage to -1

Not really recommended.

rrrohan
08-24-2021, 10:26 PM
Pure Black driver setting helped in publisher file but still same issue with InDesign file where one image that on screen has same black background as rest of page but when printed only that one image has nice black and the rest still washed out. I'll try the software switch later today.

But I did it on our showroom copier and a before and after bird demo page I can't see the difference.

drowranger
08-25-2021, 06:37 AM
we use this setting to improve the black a little during the runup

Utility >PrinterSettings>BasicSettings >Image quality setting> Photo/DTP

tsbservice
08-25-2021, 07:22 AM
we use this setting to improve the black a little during the runup

Utility >PrinterSettings>BasicSettings >Image quality setting> Photo/DTP

That would affect only copy mode?

drowranger
08-25-2021, 08:47 AM
This should be for both print and copy . A reboot and initilize + Gradation should be done after ss153 bit change i guess.
I would do a system error clear on system 1 to force reboot ..

Custom Search