PDA

View Full Version : B287 scanning barcodes smb/Email

Custom Search

blinxwap
08-23-2021, 04:42 PM
Hi guys i have a problem with a b287 scanning a document containing a barcode scanning smb thru document feeder and from platen glas it does the same , the client says a week ago their drag and drop program on their system accepted the codes until recently the scanned document barcodes is distorted see attached images the barcode lines are not accurate, i have also tested scanning the same documents from different machines and it does the same i tested it on a c558 & B454e, on the b287 i have done gradation cleaned mirrors slit glass platen glass firmware is on w4 i will update to Y0 on my next visit ,Adjusted scanniging settings density etc,would font management utility help , any suggestions wpuld be appreciated thanx [emoji106] 500015000250004

Sent from my SM-A725F using Tapatalk

blackcat4866
08-23-2021, 04:53 PM
Have you tried scanning the barcode rotated 90 degrees, at 600dpi, monochrome, Text original type? You'll want the bars oriented crossfeed/main scan for the best image resolution.

The issue I was addressing was barcodes scanned at multiple other locations on multiple other scanners, sent as email attachments, printed, then attempted to be scanned by a reader. It's probably the printers fault, not anything to do with the scan quality ... well yes, it did have a lot to do with the scan quality. =^..^=

SalesServiceGuy
08-23-2021, 04:58 PM
Hi guys i have a problem with a b287 scanning a document containing a barcode scanning smb thru document feeder and from platen glas it does the same , the client says a week ago their drag and drop program on their system accepted the codes until recently the scanned document barcodes is distorted see attached images the barcode lines are not accurate, i have also tested scanning the same documents from different machines and it does the same i tested it on a c558 & B454e, on the b287 i have done gradation cleaned mirrors slit glass platen glass firmware is on w4 i will update to Y0 on my next visit ,Adjusted scanniging settings density etc,would font management utility help , any suggestions wpuld be appreciated thanx [emoji106] 500015000250004

You should acquire a handheld BarCode scanner and check that the printed image matches the barcode data.

Simply open any word processor and scan the image.

The image you presented is a combination of machine readable and human readable text.

The machine readable images are irregular and not fully formed.

emujo2
08-23-2021, 05:18 PM
are there any samples that show a significant change from one day to the next? has the optics been cleaned and the image quality adjustments performed? Are they scanning these in PDF, TIFF? B&W, greyscale or Auto color? What is the resolution (DPI)? E

KenB
08-23-2021, 07:31 PM
While the sample is far from perfect, it's not all that bad.

I made a screenshot of it, and dropped it into a free online barcode reader. No issues, including the decimal point.

You may want to try doing the same thing. There are tons of sites you can do that on.

tsbservice
08-23-2021, 07:47 PM

I think you did a great job. The question is why it worked before and now won't. Can you retrieve from them samples when it worked? Any recent updates made on their program?

blinxwap
08-23-2021, 08:00 PM
I think you did a great job. The question is why it worked before and now won't. Can you retrieve from them samples when it worked? Any recent updates made on their program?Could be updates from the program they are using i will try that thanks

blinxwap
08-23-2021, 08:01 PM

I made a screenshot of it, and dropped it into a free online barcode reader. No issues, including the decimal point.

You may want to try doing the same thing. There are tons of sites you can do that on.Thanx will try doing that

SalesServiceGuy
08-23-2021, 08:07 PM

You may want to try doing the same thing. There are tons of sites you can do that on.

I saved the JPEG file to my PC and printed it. I then used my handheld scanner to read it. The BarCode is legible and correct.

blinxwap
08-23-2021, 08:12 PM
I saved the JPEG file to my PC and printed it. I then used my handheld scanner to read it. The BarCode is legible and correct.These are the original scanned and printed images from the B287 see attached pdf could you try scanning those for me would appreciate it50008

SalesServiceGuy
08-23-2021, 08:20 PM
... the problem might be with the customers software.

You can buy a cheap USB cable scanner on Amazon for $30.00 to prove in front of the customer that the barcodes are legible.

blinxwap
08-28-2021, 07:02 PM
I think i have solved this issue scanning the document 300x300dpi greyscale as a tiff file see atteched converted tiff to pdf as a tiff file it doesnt grey out lines letters or digits
Dropbox - tiff before dipsw greyscale(1).pdf - Simplify your life (https://www.dropbox.com/s/7yxhgxasuv7w5az/tiff%20before%20dipsw%20greyscale%281%29.pdf?dl=0)

Custom Search