PDA

View Full Version : C224e Date/Time Stuck

Custom Search

Salix
08-26-2021, 03:06 PM
Hi everyone,

Had a customer complaining that their scanned documents were overwriting the previous scans in the folder. Turned out that the time was flicking back and forth between the same two minutes. Yep, the time went in reverse, then forward again a minute later. My first thought was to reflash the firmware, but this failed and resulted in the machine no longer booting up. I had to replace the SSD in the end, after trying an MFP reset which made no difference.

All seemed good but a few weeks later I noticed the date and time was incorrect again. I immediately performed a manual sync to the google time servers and the same fault occurred. Stuck back and forth between the same two minutes.

Any ideas?

emujo2
08-26-2021, 03:09 PM
Sounds like it could be a weak battery backup..We have been having many issues with the e series related to this..And getting a new board to replace it is almost impossible. I have heard of some techs with good solder skills able to replace battery.

tech51
08-26-2021, 09:54 PM
Sounds like it could be a weak battery backup..We have been having many issues with the e series related to this..And getting a new board to replace it is almost impossible. I have heard of some techs with good solder skills able to replace battery.
There is special firmware to prevent data loss when the battery fails.

I don’t know if this would affect the clock but it’s worth putting it on as it should prevent the need for a replacement board/ssd combo.

emujo2
08-27-2021, 03:41 PM
Can you give me the firmware version for this?

tulintron
08-27-2021, 03:55 PM
Sounds like it could be a weak battery backup..We have been having many issues with the e series related to this..And getting a new board to replace it is almost impossible. I have heard of some techs with good solder skills able to replace battery.Just like Emujo said.

We have already replaced some batteries on the MFPB board. Great result. Perform correct MFPB replacement procedure after installation and upgrade.

tsbservice
08-27-2021, 05:30 PM
I use GXM-M1

emujo2
08-27-2021, 06:12 PM
There is no f/w listed (at least on the US site) with GXM-M1. Special or otherwise. E

tsbservice
08-27-2021, 07:14 PM
There is no f/w listed (at least on the US site) with GXM-M1. Special or otherwise. E

Ed, I have no access to my work resources atm but used our PrintFleet to pull this info from one C224e.
Can do double check later. BR

tech51
08-27-2021, 07:25 PM

The version I have is GHV-M1. Special firmware to prevent loss of data.

There is also a procedure to load this without turning the machine off (basically internet ISW using a usb stick).

Firmware applies to C224e - C554e and mono 224e - 554e.

This is on the eu site, don’t know if it applies elsewhere in the world.

Cheers…..

copier tech
08-28-2021, 09:24 AM
Hi everyone,

Had a customer complaining that their scanned documents were overwriting the previous scans in the folder. Turned out that the time was flicking back and forth between the same two minutes. Yep, the time went in reverse, then forward again a minute later. My first thought was to reflash the firmware, but this failed and resulted in the machine no longer booting up. I had to replace the SSD in the end, after trying an MFP reset which made no difference.

All seemed good but a few weeks later I noticed the date and time was incorrect again. I immediately performed a manual sync to the google time servers and the same fault occurred. Stuck back and forth between the same two minutes.

Any ideas?

You could enter a time server in admin mode>Network>Detail Settings this will ensure the date/time is always correct.

Salix
10-12-2021, 10:52 AM
You could enter a time server in admin mode>Network>Detail Settings this will ensure the date/time is always correct.

This is what I meant by a manual sync to google time server.

In any case, it ended up being an MFP board.

tsbservice
10-12-2021, 03:46 PM
Ed, I have no access to my work resources atm but used our PrintFleet to pull this info from one C224e.
Can do double check later. BR
So after I forgot it finally made a check and GXM-M1 is what I use lately(should include GHV-M1 fixes plus a ton of others).

emujo2
10-12-2021, 04:17 PM
This is what I meant by a manual sync to google time server.

In any case, it ended up being an MFP board.

Guess what is on the new board?? A new battery. E

copier tech
10-12-2021, 04:47 PM
Guess what is on the new board?? A new battery. E

Yes a 50p battery would have been cheaper & simpler to replace.

Custom Search