PDA

View Full Version : C754 hangs while feeding through ADF (without jam)

Custom Search

oxident
08-27-2021, 02:25 PM
Hi!
I've got a strange problem on my C754: Suddenly, the machine won't feed any document through the ADF anymore.
Although it starts loading the sheet, it simply pauses/suspends in the middle of the sheet without any error message and regardless of the size, duplex or target (copy or scan).
If I force a paper jam by opening the ADF the job errors out (as I would suspect) and I can see that the sheet hasn't arrived at the scanning plate.

Using the service menu I was able to test the basic functionality of the ADF without any problems. Therefore I guess the paper path is clear and the sensors are working.
I've also did some basic checks of the connection up to the MFP board but everything seems to be fine.

Everything else works like a charm (even scanning/copying using the glass) so I don't think that the entire MFB board ($$$) needs to be replaced.

Could it be the HDD?

Thanks for any help!

copier tech
08-27-2021, 02:34 PM
Hi!
I've got a strange problem on my C754: Suddenly, the machine won't feed any document through the ADF anymore.
Although it starts loading the sheet, it simply pauses/suspends in the middle of the sheet without any error message and regardless of the size, duplex or target (copy or scan).
If I force a paper jam by opening the ADF the job errors out (as I would suspect) and I can see that the sheet hasn't arrived at the scanning plate.

Using the service menu I was able to test the basic functionality of the ADF without any problems. Therefore I guess the paper path is clear and the sensors are working.
I've also did some basic checks of the connection up to the MFP board but everything seems to be fine.

Everything else works like a charm (even scanning/copying using the glass) so I don't think that the entire MFB board ($$$) needs to be replaced.

Could it be the HDD?

Thanks for any help!

Yes could be a failing HDD.

Try uninstalling it in CE mode then try & scan again.

oxident
08-27-2021, 03:16 PM
Unfortunately, the HDD can't be set to "uninstalled" on this device. The related button seems to be "disabled" (pushing it just produces a beep).
I've also done the HDD checks and they all completed without errors.

copier tech
08-27-2021, 03:37 PM
Unfortunately, the HDD can't be set to "uninstalled" on this device. The related button seems to be "disabled" (pushing it just produces a beep).

Strange you should be able to uninstall it.

Try physically unplugging it.

emujo2
08-27-2021, 04:04 PM
May seem strange, but if you can find the ADF test chart I would go through the setup steps including the mixed original setup. E

blackcat4866
08-27-2021, 08:57 PM
Is there anything informative on the management list? Often codes that are not displayed on the panel are isted here. =^..^=

tsbservice
08-27-2021, 09:06 PM
I know it sounds complicated but Initialize all is your friend in case of such odd balls.

WLIT
08-27-2021, 10:15 PM
Are there any warnings or error codes logged in Service Mode?

Synthohol
08-27-2021, 10:45 PM
sometimes it takes almost a minute for it to switch from installed to not installed or vice versa. ya gotta wait for it.

also ive seen the "second side scanner board" attached to the MFP cause weird issues like that too.

DK-tech
08-30-2021, 01:54 PM
I have excactly the same issue with a C250i! It can scan/copy from the glassplate, but not from ADF. Paper passage test i CE is fine, but if you run test chart it stops. I am ordering Scanner board and CPU board.

Synthohol
08-30-2021, 02:54 PM
I can't see putting all that money into a discontinued machine.
Unless it's an e series then it's another year or 2.
But still.

Ado Mmoloki Moepedi
04-04-2022, 12:21 PM
Hello mate, I am curious to know if you were ever able to solve the problem and what you did if you were ever able to.

Custom Search