PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 4050 paper tray empty

Custom Search

Toxic
09-01-2021, 12:15 AM
Today got call from customer saying no paper feed from tray.
Got with me spare pick up tires but on machine pick up looks ok (green ones) and machine feed and print 1 sheet than report empty tray.
After just open-close tray it will again print 1 sheet and report empty tray.
I dont have much time to lose with this today but tried to clean tires bottom sensors arround pick up rollers with caned air with no success.
Did somebody mess with this problem on this series?

allan
09-01-2021, 01:29 AM
Have been told that even if the rollers looks clean they have some kind of layer build up on them that makes them slip.
Try rubbing them with some WD-40 or something similar.

Phil B.
09-01-2021, 01:52 AM
Today got call from customer saying no paper feed from tray.
Got with me spare pick up tires but on machine pick up looks ok (green ones) and machine feed and print 1 sheet than report empty tray.
After just open-close tray it will again print 1 sheet and report empty tray.

**** sounds like paper out tray sensor is broken/not seated properly.
Cleaning rollers? I prefer a rubber rejuvenator.
Canned air can blow toner into sensors/boards/gears causing problems.
I dont have much time to lose with this today but tried to clean tires bottom sensors arround pick up rollers with caned air with no success.
Did somebody mess with this problem on this series?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

patrickjlc
09-01-2021, 01:25 PM
Like Phil B said, check the paper sendor on the feed unit, that black flag looking thingy. Its either twisted or broken off.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

3ktlc
09-01-2021, 02:04 PM
Have seen where that actuator is partially pulled out. It will register at first and then say paper empty.

tsbservice
09-01-2021, 10:38 PM
Like Phil B said, check the paper sendor on the feed unit, that black flag looking thingy. Its either twisted or broken off.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Yep this lo-o-ong black flag sensor actuator is faulty. Change is a pain. Make sure you have picture or two when you put machine upside down on springs and so on.
Good luck

Toxic
09-01-2021, 10:59 PM
Thanks all for advices.
I dont have much expirience with this type of machines and by the first quick look that paper feed section looks sucks with bunch of sensors, levers...and hard to access without removing half parts.
For now i just redirect customer to use mp feeder tray till i get some time to solve this problem.
One more problem is at customer place there is no much space to rotating machine and dissasembling on their table so i have to transport machine to my place and i hate taking machines from customer but life is not easy all the time :)
Just watching SM and if i understand you good this marked red should be flag/lever you talk about?

tsbservice
09-01-2021, 11:13 PM
Thanks all for advices.
I dont have much expirience with this type of machines and by the first quick look that paper feed section looks sucks with bunch of sensors, levers...and hard to access without removing half parts.
For now i just redirect customer to use mp feeder tray till i get some time to solve this problem.
One more problem is at customer place there is no much space to rotating machine and dissasembling on their table so i have to transport machine to my place and i hate taking machines from customer but life is not easy all the time :)
Just watching SM and if i understand you good this marked red should be flag/lever you talk about?

Yes. It is unusual long and is very tiny also where it was broken in my case. There are rollers down mechanics that maybe not acting smooth as well so check pickup rollers operation too.

blackcat4866
09-01-2021, 11:20 PM
I've changed a few of these on Lexies. Even if you do get it reformed correctly, it becomes so malleable that it won't hold the proper shape. =^..^=

tsbservice
09-01-2021, 11:32 PM
I've changed a few of these on Lexies. Even if you do get it reformed correctly, it becomes so malleable that it won't hold the proper shape. =^..^=

Well said BC. I considered some repair myself but as it's so long and tiny near the weak point and at the same time is moving with rollers...

Toxic
09-01-2021, 11:41 PM
What a crap design.
When i pull down and clean pick up rollers i noticed they are not going up straight up but stop at half way up and go futher up with some push, it must be that lever sticking or out of position.
Sad thing is i have about 20 of these 40xx series leased, if they all start acting like this i will quit my job :)

3ktlc
09-02-2021, 02:41 PM
Have replaced a few of these. Very much a pain. Now, trying to upgrade as many of these as possible.

REGSIS
09-02-2021, 09:22 PM
I can confirm all of the above. Tricky to change. Be carful, a broken one can easily be removed but mounting a new one is a different story. Replaced few of these so far.

Toxic
09-02-2021, 09:48 PM
I assume power supply and duplex must be removed to gain some access to this section?

srvctec
09-02-2021, 10:04 PM
I'd be willing to bet it's the paper feed clutch as we've replaced a few of those so far (with these exact same symptoms) on these junk machines. It's not too hard to do and the instructions in the book are actually pretty much spot on EXCEPT, we just cut the wires and solder in the new clutch wires instead of chasing the harness all the way to the board. If it was designed correctly, there would be a connector near the clutch but apparently the brilliant engineers think it's impossible for a clutch to fail.

tsbservice
09-02-2021, 10:51 PM
I assume power supply and duplex must be removed to gain some access to this section?

Yes.

Cantechman
10-06-2021, 03:20 AM
[QUOTE=srvctec;1881372]I'd be willing to bet it's the paper feed clutch as we've replaced a few of those so far (with these exact same symptoms) on these junk machines. It's not too hard to do and the instructions in the book are actually pretty much spot on EXCEPT, we just cut the wires and solder in the new clutch wires instead of chasing the harness all the way to the board. If it was designed correctly, there would be a connector near the clutch but apparently the brilliant engineers think it's impossible for a clutch to fail.[/

Not trying to hijack the thread but i was wondering if the 2nd tray was working fine would that indicate the paper feed clutch is fine? I have a similar issue with the first try while #2 is good.

Toxic
10-06-2021, 08:27 AM
Did you try first replace pick up rollers-rubbers, that would be my first troubleshoot step?

I managed to replace broken actuator, old one was broken about 4cm from the longest end and it looks like now it was possible to glue that broken piece.
Did somebody try this without removing everything for replacing?
I glued old broken one and strengten with some 2 component epoxy and it seems sturdy...

blackcat4866
10-07-2021, 02:21 AM
Did you try first replace pick up rollers-rubbers, that would be my first troubleshoot step?

I managed to replace broken actuator, old one was broken about 4cm from the longest end and it looks like now it was possible to glue that broken piece.
Did somebody try this without removing everything for replacing?
I glued old broken one and strengten with some 2 component epoxy and it seems sturdy...

Nothing against your MacGuyvering skills, but all it will take is one overly aggressive jam removal to snap off that PE flag. That's probably part of the reason that they make a narrow section ... so it can be bent back one or two times before it falls off.

If you can find a way to make your endusers remove jams more gently, I want to know how you do it. I haven't had much luck impressing the fact on endusers, short of billing them ... sometimes repeatedly for the same things. =^..^=

Toxic
10-07-2021, 10:15 AM
You are pretty much right all you said.
I did not have too much problems with customers, first time when they brake something i charged them even we have contract and then their bosses send group email about more care with devices or they will lose some percent of wages.
But before that i try to be a "friend" with employes and explain them nicely how they should behave with devices so them or i do not have problems.
People pay attention more when you hit them in the pocket, old rule that will always work. :)

elmaligno
10-11-2021, 05:37 PM
Beware of the green wheels issue. While it is better to put those on than the gray ones that come from the factory, although they look the same, the 4050 ones are not the same as, for example, the 4700p or the 3320.
They seem to fit well but will slip on the axle. Make sure you have the correct ones for a 4050.

Toxic
11-04-2021, 11:01 PM
Few days after my last post here i pick up 4050 from customer and replace broken arm, it took me about an hour.
Interesting thing was today when i inspect another 4050 and see this "art".
Well done who ever done this before, nice idea anyway to melt piece of paper clip (i think) to broken arm.
He also pull pick up tires to do edge to make better grip to paper instead of replacing them. :)
I am not supporting too much improvisation but sometimes it is must and it is nice when somebody have good logic how to solve something on the field without proper tools.

blackcat4866
11-05-2021, 12:48 AM
Nice MacGuyver! =^..^=

Hansoon
11-05-2021, 08:15 AM
Brilliant!

Hans

Custom Search