PDA

View Full Version : Who can has modified this...

Custom Search

methogod
09-03-2021, 07:14 AM
So we ordered about 5 cases of TN014, must of been a deal...

I have converted 920s and 950s to use 1050/1051 toner....

Tried the same to one of our 951's.

BUT konica put the greatest EASTER EGG...

The toner hopper in the 951 spins Counter Clockwise, where as the 1052/1250 toner spins clockwise.....

here is the diagram... for both machines, any easy fix? Cant reverse the motor as the augers run in the same direction.

Are those two gears parts I can order to make it mechanically change directions?
My guys will hate me if I make them dump toner into old bottles.

Dropbox - Reverse hopper.pdf - Simplify your life (https://www.dropbox.com/s/svz7qs0gkyx53ii/Reverse%20hopper.pdf?dl=0)

blackcat4866
09-03-2021, 11:34 PM
I'm looking ...

Also you'll need to change the Cartridge Driving Part (the disk that engages the toner cartridge). The palls are of a different size, not interchangeable.

The motor rotation direction is probably controlled by a pulse motor control circuit ... not easily reversed.

I think KM pulled a fast one. I'm comparing the two parts manuals side by side, and the three specific gears that are different, toward the center of the drive train, are not shown and not described. They're not going to make it easy for you.
=^..^=

BillyCarpenter
09-03-2021, 11:51 PM
So we ordered about 5 cases of TN014, must of been a deal...

I have converted 920s and 950s to use 1050/1051 toner....

Tried the same to one of our 951's.

BUT konica put the greatest EASTER EGG...

The toner hopper in the 951 spins Counter Clockwise, where as the 1052/1250 toner spins clockwise.....

here is the diagram... for both machines, any easy fix? Cant reverse the motor as the augers run in the same direction.

Are those two gears parts I can order to make it mechanically change directions?
My guys will hate me if I make them dump toner into old bottles.

Dropbox - Reverse hopper.pdf - Simplify your life (https://www.dropbox.com/s/svz7qs0gkyx53ii/Reverse%20hopper.pdf?dl=0)

You know, they make special tools for drilling a hole in cartridges and a seal to plug them back up. It will work on any cartridge as long as you pick the correct spot to drill. Pouring the toner over shouldn't be that difficult. I think it would be a lot simpler than what you're about to go though...by the sound of it.

methogod
09-04-2021, 07:16 AM
Looking for a parts machine to get the entire assembly.

do you think the connector is the same?

allan
09-04-2021, 08:16 AM
Striped out the entire toner pump system from a 951 to make toner transfer pump before. Too much of a mess for something that kind of works.
The air separation will only go so fast.

Been decanting toner from those bottles like a pro. Pop off the end caps. Tape the ends together with electrical tape and tap with screwdriver for a minute or two. Been doing that on site without spills.

Have been sent the wrong toner on purpose for a while depending on what fell off the truck.

allan
09-04-2021, 08:27 AM
Looking for a parts machine to get the entire assembly.

do you think the connector is the same?

You can try to disconnect or disconnect and ground(yes ground) the direction pin on the BLDC motor... Will make it turn in the opposite direction!
But gear train not designed to run in opposite direction. And the interlocking plates not matching.

Will happily decant toner before making this modification.

Wait a minute 951 and 1250 should be the same.

blackcat4866
09-04-2021, 03:15 PM
... Wait a minute 951 and 1250 should be the same.

The toner is the same, but no, the cartridge and hopper are different is several ways.

At the PRCB CN229B goes to union CN402, to union CN348, to CN388 on the toner bottle motor M6.
At the PRCB CN397 goes to union CN391, to union CN349, to CN392 on the tonerhopper motor M7.
Some of these wires cross over within the harness, but it appears to be the same on all the Symphony0/1/2 machines.

But ... I don't think swapping the assembly will work, because motors M6 and M7 are controlled directly by the PRCB, and M6 turns the opposite direction. =^..^=

Custom Search