PDA

View Full Version : c654 color separation only on thick settings

Custom Search

sostek
09-03-2021, 10:20 PM
Hi all, I've been randomly getting random color separation only when printing on thick setting,never on plain. Have tried swapping ITB and fuser with a sister unit beside it,NG. All units are within life and meters are k 120k and color 535k

blackcat4866
09-03-2021, 10:29 PM
When you say "Thick", how thick is "Thick"?

In gsm, please. I'd like to skip the conversation about 9 different meanings for # designation. =^..^=

Synthohol
09-03-2021, 10:30 PM
pics are very helpful as well.

sostek
09-04-2021, 02:15 AM
Couldn't find my samples to share but the plain is 75gsm. Anything 105 GSM and up has the separations apparent, inconsistently, 2-3 are fine,then one with separation then normal....

Phil B.
09-04-2021, 04:53 AM
Couldn't find my samples to share but the plain is 75gsm. Anything 105 GSM and up has the separations apparent, inconsistently, 2-3 are fine,then one with separation then normal....What gsm/type media are you trying to print on and what does the unit THINKS it's printing on?
What supplies are you using Genuine or turd party?
What are life counts on service parts?
Soo many questions so little info.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

allan
09-04-2021, 08:33 AM
Costumer not selecting right stock thickness when printing sometimes, crappy toner or bad fuser temp or pressure.

Glossy stock?

Separation you mean color registration?

Any P codes? like P-21 P-31 P-33.

Nothing like a faulty K encoder disc to make your week. Or as simple at dirty IDS sensors or half missing color.

tsbservice
09-04-2021, 09:29 AM
Costumer not selecting right stock thickness when printing sometimes, crappy toner or bad fuser temp or pressure.

Glossy stock?

Separation you mean color registration?

Any P codes? like P-21 P-31 P-33.

Nothing like a faulty K encoder disc to make your week. Or as simple at dirty IDS sensors or half missing color.

+1 on IDC sensors and consumables check. Make sure your basics is solid i.e parts within life, machine cleaned etf. Otherwise you may find you're chasing own tail.

blackcat4866
09-04-2021, 03:19 PM
Media related color registration issues are common ... above 275gsm.

In the 100gsm to 275gsm range color registration issues usually point to the primary transfer belt unit and calibration. =^..^=

and
09-06-2021, 08:17 AM
Check this...

misalignment on C754 (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/114068-misalignment-c754.html)

for me was the black drum.

allan
09-06-2021, 08:44 PM
Would be good to understand how the problem is related to the K drum unit.
If you go to history what P-Codes are listed there?

Fusing loop sensors could cause something similar? But that would be eliminated by replacing or switching out the fuser unit.

tsbservice
09-06-2021, 09:40 PM
Would be good to understand how the problem is related to the K drum unit.
If you go to history what P-Codes are listed there?

Fusing loop sensors could cause something similar? But that would be eliminated by replacing or switching out the fuser unit.

Should be related to all colors are aligned to K(black). Small difference may show/act big when it comes to tricky media. Also I guess over used belt may contribute here. You put new black drum unit and it compensates for ITB wear. Just a thought you know what I mean.

allan
09-06-2021, 11:12 PM
Should be related to all colors are aligned to K(black). Small difference may show/act big when it comes to tricky media. Also I guess over used belt may contribute here. You put new black drum unit and it compensates for ITB wear. Just a thought you know what I mean.

Then one way to find out. Put back the previous k drum unit and replace the ITBU.
As far as i understand the encoder on the K drum is to ensure constant surface speed in relation to the color and the count on the encoder after reading patches makes it possible to adjust the start of print timing(guess it advances or retards the laser timing. Could be that wear and tear can cause this to be intermittent.

Need to check the warning history. If there are no codes it could be that the engine speed for stabilization and print for plain 80GSM stock is the same. Wondering why it would be worse when the engine is running slower.

Wonder what it will do set to thick 2 or 3 but running 80GSM if it will do the same or to print thick 4 on thicker stock if the miss registration gap will be bigger?

Custom Search