PDA

View Full Version : Color Problems with CF3102

Custom Search

sunuser
12-05-2008, 08:00 PM
We have a CF3102 color printer that is not printing colors consistently. An executive secretary attempts to print multiple copies of an Outlook2003 calendar, the first copy is OK, the following copies only display the yellow and black colors (no cyan or magenta). Tried updating to the latest print driver I could find, dated 2007, for WinXP & Vista, but no luck. Any ideas on what else I could try?

fixthecopier
12-05-2008, 10:52 PM
It is hard to say with the info you have given. Things that will help with your problem would be the meter count, when was the last time the color image units were changed, what happens when you make copies? If it makes good copies and only has a problem when you print, then you have a print controller problem. If it also has poor quality when making copies, you have a copier problem. Either way, you are most likely going to need a tech.

cobiray
12-06-2008, 03:29 AM
Which print driver are you using? Try another driver (ie PCL vs PS). I've seen PCL6 drivers do funky stuff with some Microsoft programs. Does it do the same thing with other programs? Try printing from Paint, Word, web browser, etc. to see if you can confirm it is a printer problem or software problem. After that, you will need to call a tech to help you resolve the issue.

ni311
12-06-2008, 09:11 AM
CF3102 is a great machine and it is capable of making high quality print, as long as a tech it is taking care of it. So, as the previous speakers told you already, call a tech.

Custom Search