PDA

View Full Version : I-series "Job log has reached maximum capacity"

Custom Search

mascan42
09-08-2021, 12:40 PM
I have a C550i that is showing the message "Job log has reached maximum capacity. Contact system administrator." I know this has to do with an incorrect setting in the job log - it's probably set to manual instead of auto. This isn't an issue, I know how to fix it. The problem is the error is locking me out of admin mode so I can't get to the screen where I can delete the job log and change the setting. Admin mode is greyed out and most of the other menu buttons are either missing or disabled as well. Also, the web connection seems to be disabled. I can't get to the counter screen, so I have to backdoor into service mode. Any idea what could be causing this, or how I can get around it? I've already tried unlocking the admin mode and changing the admin permission level from service mode.

tsbservice
09-08-2021, 03:44 PM
Don't have latest AAS handy but seems to remember article there about this problem.

Synthohol
09-08-2021, 04:02 PM
If you can get into service mode just go into initialization and delete the log files or a total data clear.
Hope you have a copy of the address book and network settings and movie data if you choose the total data clear.
I think there is a selection for just clearing the log files.

mascan42
09-08-2021, 04:08 PM
If you can get into service mode just go into initialization and delete the log files or a total data clear.
Hope you have a copy of the address book and network settings and movie data if you choose the total data clear.
I think there is a selection for just clearing the log files.

There doesn't appear to be. That's what I was looking for, a way to delete the log outside of admin mode.

emujo2
09-08-2021, 04:42 PM
So, you are saying that in PSWC Admin Mode -> Security -> Job Log Settings -> Erase Job Log, Click OK to erase Job Log:..you are unable to erase the logs? And yes you need to set this up to overwrite or move the log to another server. I went back and re read your post..to me it sounds like there is a job in memory that needs to be printed/deleted to allow your missing buttons to show up..If you have a fax, try clearing fax memory in service mode. Might see the data light flashing. E

mascan42
09-08-2021, 05:19 PM
I'm unable to get into admin mode at all. And PSWC is disabled by the error message.

tsbservice
09-08-2021, 05:38 PM
This may not be your issue but latest FW and correct function version level set at soft switch 25 won't hurt either. At what level is currently machine?

mascan42
09-08-2021, 06:35 PM
Firmware is E9 at function version 2.0.

emujo2
09-09-2021, 04:24 PM
Are you trying to get to the web page with the device on the network? Have you tried connecting directly to the NIC, have you tried another browser? This is a known problem with setting up the audit log (which you seem to know and understand), but is should not affect getting into admin via the LCD or PSWC..I really think you have a 2nd issue here..Possibly the fact that the log is full is preventing the last log from being written..This may be what is causing the missing selections from the utility screen. You may have to bite the bullet and do a logical HDD wipe. I do not know the new machines as well, but I have heard that this does not result in load movie data or other file issues. E

mike_hartung
09-14-2021, 06:32 PM
I'm unable to get into admin mode at all. And PSWC is disabled by the error message.

I had this very problem just last week on a Bizhub C3350i. A "total clear" was the only option left so that is what I had to do. After reinstalling all the customers settings and one touches the machine worked fine. I could not update the firmware however. I tried 10 times to load the firmware but it would not take. The machine just sat at 25% of the loading bar and never changed. I went to lunch and came back and it was still sitting at 25%. I have heard that these machines are picky to load the firmware and I have had problems in the past. I am worried that the same thing will happen and the customer will call back. It has been 3 weeks and I have not gotten a call back yet. OOP's I just jink's myself. HA HA.

mascan42
09-15-2021, 01:54 PM
All data clear didn't solve anything. And even the reset tool just caused more problems (unable to set storage board). Wound up having to replace the CPU board.

Custom Search