PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C4050i problem

Custom Search

Husky0007
09-11-2021, 01:29 PM
Hi,

I'm new here and I'm having a pretty big problem with the Bizhub C4050i. The error is that I have installed a new firmware. The printer accepted it, but since then I have not been able to enter Service Mode or Administrator settings - I get an error about too many password attempts and I haven't tried many passwords. Printer displays error D073. Most functions are turned off. I don't have NVRAM reset tools or anything else. Please help.

Synthohol
09-11-2021, 03:01 PM
Procedure for releasing an access lock

Authentication item
How to release

User+Accounts
authentication
Touch keys in the following order. [Administrator] -> [Security] -> [Security Details] -> [ProhibitFunctions]. Then
touch [Release].

SNMP authentication

Security print authentication

User Box authentication

WebDAV Server
authentication

Remote Panel authentication

Administrator authentication
After the main power switch is turned OFF and ON, the access lock is released automatically after the lapse of a
predetermined period of time.

[Service Mode] -> [Enhanced Security] -> [Administrator unlocking]

CE authentication
1. Main power switch is turned OFF and ON.
2. Touch Menu -> [Counter] -> [Print List].
3. Touch [Display Keypad], displaying 10-key pad.
4. The lock release timer starts to operate by input the Stop -> 0 -> 9 -> 3 -> 1 -> 7

2.8 operation Ban release time
• To set the period of time to be elapsed before the access lock state is released in CE password authentication.

Setting range
Default setting

1 to 60 (minutes)
5 (minutes)

NOTE
▪ When Enhanced Security Mode is set to ON in [Administrator] -> [Security] -> [Enhanced Security Mode], the period of time that
can be set in this setting is 5 minutes or more.
Releasing the an access lock
• After the CE password authentication, if the access lock is activated, the lock release timer starts to operate the following procedures.
<Procedure>
1. Main power switch is turned OFF and ON.
2. [Utility] -> [Counter] -> [Print List]
3. Touch [Display Keypad], displaying 10-key pad.
4. The lock release timer starts to operate by input the Stop -> 0 -> 9 -> 3 -> 1 -> 7.
• To set the period of time that elapses before the machine releases the access lock, which aims to prevent the unintentional release of
the access lock.
5. When the timer reaches the time specified in this setting, the access lock is released.
2.9 Administrator unlocking
• To release an access lock that is activated after an administrator password authentication.
• To release the access lock with service authority when an administrator password authentication fails and the access lock is activated.
• When the main power switch is turned OFF and ON or the period of time set in the Release Time Settings elapses, the machine releases
the access lock that is activated after the administrator password authentication. In addition to these operations, this setting provides
another way to release the access lock.
<Procedure>
1. Touch [Administrator unlocking].
2. Touch [Unlocking] to release an access lock.
3. When [OK] is displayed, touch [END].

Husky0007
09-11-2021, 03:42 PM
Unfortunately, nothing happens after going through this procedure. Still the same. The administrator is locked.

Synthohol
09-11-2021, 05:00 PM
unplug it for 5-30 minutes, that is the simple unlock.

Husky0007
09-12-2021, 11:24 AM
Unfortunately, nothing happens, even when the device has been disconnected from the power supply all night. I still can't reset my password or get into Service Mode. Is there any other procedure?

copier tech
09-12-2021, 01:24 PM
Unfortunately, nothing happens, even when the device has been disconnected from the power supply all night. I still can't reset my password or get into Service Mode. Is there any other procedure?

Sounds like you need to use the reset tool file.

tsbservice
09-12-2021, 02:22 PM
Hi,

I'm new here and I'm having a pretty big problem with the Bizhub C4050i. The error is that I have installed a new firmware. The printer accepted it, but since then I have not been able to enter Service Mode or Administrator settings - I get an error about too many password attempts and I haven't tried many passwords. Printer displays error D073. Most functions are turned off. I don't have NVRAM reset tools or anything else. Please help.

At what version was firmware before? And now it is?
After doing firmware update did you get the chance to enter service mode or it was locked straight after that. You need to deal with D073 error before which if I'm not mistaken is storage type error. I would try also to downgrade FW back to previous working version if it's possible.

B0265
09-13-2021, 07:51 AM
Have you tried to enter service mode from the trouble reset screen?

Custom Search