PDA

View Full Version : C3350i transfer belt stuck

Custom Search

mascan42
09-15-2021, 09:25 PM
I have a C3350i that I was changing the transfer belt & didn't notice that the pressure rolls on the new belt were in the down position. While I was able to get the belt in, I now can't get it back out. The cleaning unit on the end is hung up on the IU rails. No matter how hard I push it up, it won't clear it. Is there some trick to getting it out or removing the rails?

mike_hartung
09-15-2021, 10:27 PM
I have a C3350i that I was changing the transfer belt & didn't notice that the pressure rolls on the new belt were in the down position. While I was able to get the belt in, I now can't get it back out. The cleaning unit on the end is hung up on the IU rails. No matter how hard I push it up, it won't clear it. Is there some trick to getting it out or removing the rails?

Why do you need to take it out again? Is it installed properly? All the way in? Try powering on the machine and see if the rollers will retract. Then try taking it out again. If not you might just have to force it and hope for the best. I have replaced these transfer belts in the C3350i before and I think it is a stupid design. One of Konicas better ideas. NOT!!!

mascan42
09-15-2021, 11:49 PM
Why do you need to take it out again? Is it installed properly? All the way in? Try powering on the machine and see if the rollers will retract. Then try taking it out again. If not you might just have to force it and hope for the best. I have replaced these transfer belts in the C3350i before and I think it is a stupid design. One of Konicas better ideas. NOT!!!
The image units won't go in when the rolls are in the pressing position.

srvctec
09-16-2021, 02:13 PM
One thing you could do is to remove the back cover and get to the drive that moves the 1st transfer rollers and move that drive manually to retract the rollers.

mascan42
09-17-2021, 04:02 AM
I had to loosen the IU rail to get it out. Turns out I had missed the front side belt unit rail because the lighting in the customer's office is awful.

kingarthur
09-29-2021, 04:20 PM
I had to loosen the IU rail to get it out. Turns out I had missed the front side belt unit rail because the lighting in the customer's office is awful.

I agree, they are a nightmare to fit, especially if restricted for space/poor lighting.

morroCBS
12-08-2021, 04:14 PM
I just encounter this problem, cleaning assy is also clogged making a rattling noise. I ordered a new transfer belt and will return and force it out, in case I break it will have a new one on site to replace it.

Custom Search