PDA

View Full Version : FTP Scanning setup for a CF3102

Custom Search

time2fly
12-08-2008, 03:22 AM
How do you setup scanning FTP on a cf3102 to a location other than a file on the root drive. Something like C:\Documents and Settings\Scanned Files\PDF. Is it setup in the FTP software or is it setup in the copier? Also this has system software just installed on a Fiery CN3102e. After reading some of the threads here I'm thinking that maybe I don't have the Fiery setup correctly. Any and all information would greatly welcomed. Thanks

Scott_Lewis
12-08-2008, 05:08 AM
How do you setup scanning FTP on a cf3102 to a location other than a file on the root drive. Something like C:Documents and SettingsScanned FilesPDF. Is it setup in the FTP software or is it setup in the copier? Also this has system software just installed on a Fiery CN3102e. After reading some of the threads here I'm thinking that maybe I don't have the Fiery setup correctly. Any and all information would greatly welcomed. Thanks

The root location for ftp transfers is always set up in the ftp software. You can (usually) tell the ftp software to save the file being transfered to another existing directory under that root directory. But, everything is referenced from the root as defined by the configuration file of the ftp program.

time2fly
12-08-2008, 05:16 AM
So how should the scan button be setup in the copier, meaning the destination window? Should a "\" be in that window? Also What version of PageScope should be used? I have ver. 2.1.4 and I have the FTP utility, that is a stand alone FTP utility from konica minolta.

Scott_Lewis
12-08-2008, 05:54 AM
So how should the scan button be setup in the copier, meaning the destination window? Should a "" be in that window? Also What version of PageScope should be used? I have ver. 2.1.4 and I have the FTP utility, that is a stand alone FTP utility from konica minolta.

I don't know if you need the "\". Some machines will add another "\" to the one you put in. Ultimately, there should only be one backslash.

I am not current on the version of PS Cabinet and PS Cabinet Lite. I try NOT to use PSC/PSCLite. Given a choice, I'll use whatever ftp is already on the computer. PSC has its own installation and use issues. PSC is simply a PIG of a program. Just keep in mind that if you do use ftp, you will need to fill in the copier data for authenticating to ftp with a valid username and password.

time2fly
12-08-2008, 02:09 PM
I new to working on Konica Minolta copiers, so thanks for your input. my next ? is does the cf3102 require a scanning option to be installed or is it standard and how do I find out if it is installed?

stathistec
12-08-2008, 05:38 PM
you can use the konica minolta ftp utility. in the ftp utility settings locate the root folder and uncheck the anonymous authentication, use for user name:scan
password: 1234

don't forget to run the program at the very first time ( go to programs konica minolta, ftp utility, ftp utility )
and if you have firewall you must make a rule

at the web setup of the machine

the destination name is: scan
the host address is the: IP of your PC
the file path is the: .
user name :scan
password :1234

good luck

Custom Search