PDA

View Full Version : C-458, "Unable to connect to Authentication Device"...

Custom Search

Oystercopy
09-18-2021, 12:12 AM
Hey guys,

So, I tried everything I could to get rid of this message, including:

Performing a complete INITIALIZATION, twice (which I do on every used machine I sell)
Removing the driver in service mode, which then the machine went into code and made me reinstall it

Called tech support (useless) and he told me that I'd probably have to replace the MFP Board, which I have serious doubts about.

But I seem to remember having this once before, and I had to go into the Security Settings in service mode (Stop, 0, Clear?) and there was some settings in there
that had to be changed, but I did not find anything on this machine.

Any help appreciated!
OC

Synthohol
09-18-2021, 12:52 AM
stop 9
vendor mode

:)

blackcat4866
09-18-2021, 12:56 AM
Once you're in service mode > enhanced security mode: Stop 0 Clear > User Authentication > OFF.

Oystercopy
09-18-2021, 09:04 PM
STOP 9 did it.. .Authentication Device, turned it off...

THANK YOU guys!
OC

Blizzoo
09-19-2021, 02:50 PM
Cheaper than replacing a MFB Board. These guys recommending such thing must be working for the sales dept.

tsbservice
09-19-2021, 06:38 PM
Cheaper than replacing a MFB Board. These guys recommending such thing must be working for the sales dept.

He-he tech support 😄
If that is tech support some of the guys here must be called semi-gods. Hell even I'm better :cool:

Oystercopy
09-19-2021, 06:45 PM
He-he tech support 😄
If that is tech support some of the guys here must be called semi-gods. Hell even I'm better :cool:

Exactly right TSB... the guy was just telling me how I'm not "authorized" to get help from him because I didn't buy the machine from them... WHAT??
And how the C-458 page in my profile didn't have the latest F/W. Yet, the C-558 had the firmware, no problem, so a KM glitch, clearly.

It's a good thing I have enough knowledge and common sense to fix most of my own issues, because if I had to rely on tech support or training, I'd be just as useless as they are!
LOL

OC

Custom Search