PDA

View Full Version : C308 unresponsive touch screen everywhere except CE mode

Custom Search

rrrohan
09-20-2021, 07:22 AM
C308.

Unresponsive touch screen.

The touch is unresponsive and even opening front door doesn't display the open cover message. After about 30 seconds it eventual becomes responsive again.

Replaced the touch screen

Ran the Stop Clear 1166 Start calibration.

Still occurring. It hasn't got any C code errors at all this year.

Would bad RAM do it?

I seem to recall having same issue on a 4 series and from memory it was bad SSD?

srvctec
09-20-2021, 03:20 PM
C308.

The touch is unresponsive and even opening front door doesn't display the open cover message. After about 30 seconds it eventual becomes responsive again.

Would bad RAM do it?

I seem to recall having same issue on a 4 series and from memory it was bad SSD?

First thing I'd do is re-secure all plugs to MFPB, memory, HDD (both ends of connectors) and pretty much anything connected to the MFPB. It's crazy how many times doing this has fixed issues for me over the years. Also, check the cable to the control panel and maybe switch it out if you have a spare machine to take one from.

rrrohan
09-21-2021, 02:06 AM
i think the cable and screen are good because when in service mode it works 100% perfectly its only in standard operating mode its is screwy.

srvctec
09-21-2021, 02:40 AM
Might have to do a clear all data (after backing up any one touches) and see if that fixes it.

Woxner
09-21-2021, 04:06 AM
firmware has been known to fix this. also backup HDD and do logical formate

copier tech
09-21-2021, 07:48 AM
C308.

Would bad RAM do it?

We've seen a failing HDD cause this, you could try unplugging it see if this has any affect.

As others have said there is a firmware bug known to cause random HDD errors etc you might also want to try that.

rrrohan
09-21-2021, 09:54 AM
ill try hdd and a initialization. cheers for the tips ill let you know. always better to replace hdd before it dies fully anyway

rrrohan
09-22-2021, 10:04 AM
i disabled the hdd and it seemed to work well. i formatted hdd and re imported settings and movie data. so far so good

Gift
09-22-2021, 11:02 AM
Good to know, thanks. I think there was a panel freeze bug when this series came out and that "slide menu" was activated but that has been fixed via FW ages ago.

REGSIS
09-22-2021, 03:19 PM
I had unresponsive touch screen caused by network/router issue.
The moment I unplugged the network cable screen became responsive again.
Network port tested on another ndtwork and worked OK.

Just an additional info....

Custom Search