PDA

View Full Version : 7045 - ip431

Custom Search

tocloy
12-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Hello!

I need help in setting up my 7045 with IP-431 as a LAN printer. Is there a built in network card on this machine? There's a socket where i can plug an RJ-45 connector at the back of the copier so I'm assuming that its LAN ready.

How do i find the IP Address of the copier? Right now it's connected in one computer thru parallel cable and it's being shared in the network.

For experts out there please share your knowledge. Kindly make it step-by-step if possible.

And lastly, I was searching for Drivers at Konica support page and i saw three drivers to download. There's PCL and Postscript Drivers. I know whats PCL for but i don't know what's these Postscript Drivers and Visual Postscript Drivers for.

Thank you in advance for your help. :)

tervel12
12-08-2008, 05:17 PM
If you have the ethernet interface in the rear, then yes, it has the network option installed. To find the IP address try this.

First, power the machine off then on using the black main power switch on the left side of the machine. Be sure to leave it off for a few seconds before turning it back on. It takes about 2-5 minutes, but the machine will print out a status page with the IP address listed (it is actually labeled as Protocol Address). If the sheet does not print, it may be because it is disabled or the NIC has a problem.

If that doesn't work, reset the NIC to factory defaults. To do this follow these steps:
1. Turn the machine off
2. Remove the back cover and then remove the IP unit.
3. There are several jumpers on the NIC, find OP2. It will have a FACT and CUST labled next to it. Move the jumper from the CUST position to the FACT position.
4. Reinstall the IP unit and power the machine back on.
5. After a minute or two, the two LEDs will begin flashing alternately.
6. At this point, turn the machine off and remove the IP unit again.
7. Put the jumper back to the CUST position and reinstall the IP unit.
8. Power the machine back on with the network cable plugged in and a DHCP server running.
9. Wait about 10 minutes (these things are slow and you must be patient), it will print out a first status page saying that it is not configured and then it will eventually print out a status with a valid IP address.
10. Once you have the address, log into the IP unit using a web browser and configure it they way you need it.
11. The password is: sysadm

PCL and Postscript are up to you which you want to use. Depending on the application you are using, you may find the postscript driver to do a better job. The Adobe PS driver works best, but the functionality is more limited and the interface is clunky.

Hope this helps,

Steve

tocloy
12-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Thank you soooooo much Steve! My Konica 7045 is now working as a network printer.

I still have little problems regarding my printer:

1. Why is it that when I print, the printer does not automatically print? I still have to go
to the printer and SELECT paper source and PRESS formfeed to make it print.

I already check: Auto Paper Source but still I need to select from the LCD panel in order to print.

2. My second problem is when printing document, the first page being printed is the information about the document: eg, Job Number, User and File Name. Is there a way to disable this function so that the printer will only print my documents?

Thank you again for the great help.

- Carlo

tocloy
12-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Thank you soooooo much Steve! My Konica 7045 is now working as a network printer.

I still have little problems regarding my printer:

1. Why is it that when I print, the printer does not automatically print? I still have to go
to the printer and SELECT paper source and PRESS formfeed to make it print.

I already check: Auto Paper Source but still I need to select from the LCD panel in order to print.

2. My second problem is when printing document, the first page being printed is the information about the document: eg, Job Number, User and File Name. Is there a way to disable this function so that the printer will only print my documents?

Thank you again for the great help.

- Carlo

tervel12
12-09-2008, 02:51 PM
tocloy,

Log into the printer using a web browser and select the Printer Setup tab. Turn off the 'Banner Page' option and verify that the default paper tray and size are setup properly. You should restart the machine using the main power switch when completed.

If you are still unable to print without pressing the 'Formfeed' button, then try printing by specifying the tray you wish to print to. If this works, then ATS is probably disabled on the machine. To enable this, turn off the copier and turn it back on while holding the 'Help' button. Once the screen comes up with the Key Operator menu, release the 'Help' button. Select #12 Memory Switch. Scroll down to items 6, 10, 11, 12, and 13 and change them to your desired setting.

If ATS (Auto Tray Switching) is turned on, then when a tray runs empty and a tray of the same size is available, the copier while use that tray to complete the job.

Hope this helps you out,

Steve

tocloy
12-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Thanks again Steve! Will try it tomorrow and I'll give an update. :)

tocloy
12-10-2008, 06:45 AM
My machine is now working smoothly as a network printer. I really appreaciate your help Steve. Thank you!

Anyone knows where I can download drivers of 7045 for Vista x64?

tervel12
12-10-2008, 07:03 PM
Aren't the drivers already there in Vista? I haven't seen 64bit Vista, so it may be different. I know some of the KonicaMinolta drivers come preinstalled and I thought this was one of them. Granted, they only give you the stripped down postscript driver.

Steve

CTH
11-11-2010, 04:30 PM
What is the user and password for the ftp? When I try to set one in the configuration page, I get a message page under construction.

tervel12
11-12-2010, 02:36 PM
That function does not work in the copier's NIC.

Steve

Custom Search