PDA

View Full Version : Any machine with the Internal Finishers...

Custom Search

Oystercopy
09-21-2021, 06:26 PM
Hey guys... so, I've noticed that these things seem to jam a lot in that middle transport and Z-fold the pages as they're coming through the finisher body. And, of course, this requires removal and disassembly of the guide plates to get the paper out.

Has anyone figured out why this happens? Is it possibly that the rollers in that section are slicker than they should be? Maybe just need to be cleaned/rejuvenated?
Or is there (possibly) a motor or sensor issue in that section?

Any help appreciated!
OC

blackcat4866
09-21-2021, 11:32 PM
Any specific MFP, any specific internal finisher? There are a lot of posts on this, at least as it applies to the 4e series. =^..^=

Oystercopy
09-21-2021, 11:39 PM
Any specific MFP, any specific internal finisher? There are a lot of posts on this, at least as it applies to the 4e series. =^..^=

I remember this happening on the 4 series as well, but this is mostly happening on the 8 series machines. I pulled off many of these because they seemed to be more trouble than they were worth, but this customer needs the finishing
but has limited space, otherwise I'd put the floorstanding finisher in.
OC

Oystercopy
09-21-2021, 11:44 PM
And to answer your question BlackCat, this is the FS-533 internal finisher
OC

blackcat4866
09-22-2021, 12:08 AM
Bizhub c224e, FS533 (internal finisher) stacking/offset sort issue. (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/88296-bizhub-c224e-fs533-internal-finisher-stacking-offset-sort-issue.html)
=^..^=

copyman
09-22-2021, 12:19 AM
And to answer your question BlackCat, this is the FS-533 internal finisher
OC

Sorry I couldn't be more help but I don't have much experience with them because rather then work on them I removed or swapped them out like you have.

What's really hard to believe is Kon/Min carried this same finisher over to the 8 series. They actually think this was a good finisher when in reality they are a piece of crap? One thing is don't think it's not necessary for the exit tray to lift up every time after idle. I've had a few that worked ok but most I removed or replaced with FS-534.

You think the OEM's would know that a bad accessory can cost them customers just like a bad machine. If a customer "suffers" with jamming for several years many will switch to another brand when time to upgrade. This is why at first sign of the FS-533 acting up I remove it.

Custom Search