PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Intermittent C9404 code on 654e(NO color, Just black & white)

Custom Search

ssprint1004
09-26-2021, 01:47 PM
This machine intermittently has a C9404 code which also can be a C9403. Machine wont clear code by resetting, have to go into Service mode and do a system error clear to get it running again. When its not in error the CIS works fine. Service manual says that when you replace the CIS unit you should run CCD Calibration for the CIS unit. You do this by setting the values set prior to shipping. On this machine those values come up as zeros for the CIS. I've checked other machines and they have some data in these fields. I'm not sure if this is significant or not but if I were to put a new CIS (expensive) in this machine I wouldn't be able to run this adjustment since no data appears to be stored. Has anyone exchanged a CIS and made this adjustment? Is there a way to restore this data? Is there firmware or a tech. bulletin to fix this issue? any help would be appreciated.

blackcat4866
09-26-2021, 02:10 PM
On a bizhub 654e (B&W version) I've resolved this issue with firmware.

On a bizhub 284e (B&W version) I replaced the CIS, cable to the CIS, and DISPB as a set. Replacing these parts individually or as pairs did not help. The ONLY reason I was able to work through this was the fact that I had a whole spare DF to swap parts from. I'm not sure how the donor was damaged, but there was a 3" diameter hole through the DF original tray/main body.

The manual lists the CIS, DFPU, DSIPB, and MFPB, but in my experience the cable is the first place to start. =^..^=

ssprint1004
09-26-2021, 04:37 PM
I should try firmware first.
Do you have firmware?

copier tech
09-27-2021, 09:05 AM
I should try firmware first.
Do you have firmware?

Yes it is always worth trying the firmware first mainly because it is a quick fix & possibly no parts will be needed etc.

We can supply should you need it (see links below)

Since this is an intermittent error I would also re-seat all the CIS connections etc.

Custom Search