PDA

View Full Version : c252 firmware problems.

Custom Search

datapresstecnica
12-09-2008, 08:25 PM
I have a C252 that was dissambled to test a c250. The genius who had this idea took the mechanical control board (PWB-M) and after installing it in the 250 (worked fine, he said) it never worked again in the C252. The first problem we had was the C-DC00, that was corrected by using the data clear in the initialization option in system1. Then I got a C-C163 code, so as the manual says, we tried to upgrade firmware to correct this problem, using version 3.05. When we did this, the upgrade stopped in the middle and it NEVER worked again. The machine hangs in the KM logo and won't boot up.
After this I've tried to use a c250 (another one) board, but I keep getting C-C163. I've tried everything I've found, even things witch shouln't have any relation but I did it anyway. Stop -0 -7 -1 -3 -9 then *, system error clear in service menu, nvram restore, firmware upgrading and downgrading to v3.03.
Since I don't have direct access to km's tech site, I don't have any documentation or tech bulletins to read. Hope you can help me out with this one cause it's very expensive in Argentina to replace any of the boards and I'd like to try EVERYTHING before having to order the new one.
Thanks a lot.

buster68
12-09-2008, 09:33 PM
your overall control board is shot. (PWB-MFP)
I'm very surprised you got the C252 to work with the M Board. Its the firmware imcompatiblity that killed the board.

copytechman
12-10-2008, 01:29 AM
I'd agree, probable damage to mfp board, they're 2 different part numbers from c250 to c252 in my books... usually a reason for that!
Regards!
A!

B0265
12-10-2008, 09:11 AM
You must remember to transfer the IC-6 chip from the old to the new PWB-M, or you will get a C-DCxx code.

Custom Search